The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Negative feedback!!!

ecsh

It sucks, but its really your fault for not sending the item with tracking, so you could attach it to the paypal transaction. If it shows it was delivered, he loses. In this case, you lose. Not justifying what this guy did, but you did not protect yourself, and made it easy for him to defraud you.

paul25

Please do not buy from this guy.

His ID is Karlo.

I payed money to buy a lens from a member in Europe, and I think I may have been robbed of my money...:(

Here are the links to my PMs with him.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/private.php

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=242316

I tried to give him enough time (3 months!) to solve the case, but now I feel like a fool.

Please do not buy from this guy...

Moderator update: We have been notified that this issue has been settled to the satisfaction of both the buyer and the seller. Appears to have been delivery problems in the country that lens was being shipped to.

Last edited by a moderator:

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Voe

How do you know it wasn t lost in the mail? Has the buyer refused to confirm he did not receive it? I ve had 2 transactions just like this where the package never arrived. I am sure the seller sent it as he had hundreds of sales and 100 perc positive feedback.

D&A

It sucks, but its really your fault for not sending the item with tracking, so you could attach it to the paypal transaction. If it shows it was delivered, he loses. In this case, you lose. Not justifying what this guy did, but you did not protect yourself, and made it easy for him to defraud you.
One of the difficulties when shipping a small item overseas, like a filter, is that either one uses regular small parcel air mail (with item in a small padded envelope or box) which doesn't allow for any sort of tracking to be put on the parcel but shipping fees are reasonable for such small items OR a much more expensive service that does provide tracking but ends up costing as much or more than the item is worth. It's sort of a dilema when shipping small, relatively low priced items overseas. Most buyers opt for just regular small parcel airmail for obvious reasons but unfortunately proof of delivery is then not possible. This can make it somewhat difficult at times for buyer and seller and then trust then plays a bigger role in such cases.

Since this is all related to Voe's post above...I ordered a filter from him from the same ad (shipped from Australia to the U.S.) and it arrived promptly and was perfectly packed and as described! Thanks Voe!

Dave (D&A)

voe

Voe

How do you know it wasn t lost in the mail? Has the buyer refused to confirm he did not receive it? I ve had 2 transactions just like this where the package never arrived. I am sure the seller sent it as he had hundreds of sales and 100 perc positive feedback.
I sent it on Monday with regular postage. I'm in Melbourne, Australia, the buyer is in Texas, USA. For the parcel to arrive it should take minimum 10 business days it usually takes about 2-3 weeks. Buyer opens a dispute less than a week from me sending the parcel.

jlm

Workshop Member
i have sent several hundreds of small items overseas and agree with Voe's assessment. Out of the many, I would say perhaps four or five never made it. My shipments were via USPS, Flat Rate Priority Mail and cost around $20, the item cost about $150. In my case, i could send a replacement, but it is a pain in the *** to have to assume the liability. The shipper unfortunately is the one taking the risk of postal and customs workers' "mistakes" or downright theft.

E

enenrf

User ID: Voe

Be ware of Voe

I bought a UV filter and a leica grip from him.

Three days after I paid for the item, he did not sent the grip and filter. Finally when I asked, he said he shipped. then I asking for tracking or "at least tell me the estimate delivery date. He was very rude. Told me that I only paid $15, he topped on dollars for shipping.

I replied that, so I did not deserve a tracking? and then he said reply my message is wasting time.

Yes, then I opened a case. but the item finally came, I cancel the case.
The seller left me the negative without any heads up.
Before I open case, informed him. and after I got the item, I also send me a message that I got it. Case closed.

hunghang

I too had a positive transaction with Voe on a 35mm Lux Asph.

One of the difficulties when shipping a small item overseas, like a filter, is that either one uses regular small parcel air mail (with item in a small padded envelope or box) which doesn't allow for any sort of tracking to be put on the parcel but shipping fees are reasonable for such small items OR a much more expensive service that does provide tracking but ends up costing as much or more than the item is worth. It's sort of a dilema when shipping small, relatively low priced items overseas. Most buyers opt for just regular small parcel airmail for obvious reasons but unfortunately proof of delivery is then not possible. This can make it somewhat difficult at times for buyer and seller and then trust then plays a bigger role in such cases.

Since this is all related to Voe's post above...I ordered a filter from him from the same ad (shipped from Australia to the U.S.) and it arrived promptly and was perfectly packed and as described! Thanks Voe!

Dave (D&A)

Vobluda

I am sorry but when selling I would rather beware from buyers like you.

Be ware of Voe

Three days after I paid for the item, he did not sent the grip and filter. Finally when I asked, he said he shipped. then I asking for tracking or "at least tell me the estimate delivery date. He was very rude. Told me that I only paid $15, he topped on dollars for shipping.

I replied that, so I did not deserve a tracking? and then he said reply my message is wasting time.

Before I open case, informed him. and after I got the item, I also send me a message that I got it. Case closed.

jonmanjiro

User: enenrf
Name: Hao Li
Email: [email protected]

I sold my Leica M8/M9 grip and black Leica UV 46mm filter to "enenrf".
For sale thread is here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=350630 He payed on Friday afternoon Melbourne, Australia time. The earliest I could send the items was following Monday morning with Regular postage as he payed $15USD for postage which barely covered the postage fee of $21AUD, which is not a big issue at all.

Once I told him the parcel was sent he asked for tracking number. I explained to him that $15 barely covered for Regular postage and that tracking is only included with more expensive postage. From that point on he started behaving really rude and threatened me that if he doesn't receive the parcel within 10 days he will open a Paypal dispute and will take his money back.
In less than a week from me sending the parcel this person opened a Paypal dispute and took his money back.

I feel cheated and dissapointed. It's really a nasty thing to do and I would advise other forum members to be aware.

Cheers,

Voe
+1 to vobluda's comment.

Be ware of Voe

Over anxious buyer :loco:

E

enenrf

Thanks for all comments above.
There are couple of things I need to clarify;
1. I paid on Thursday night instead of Friday.
2. After I paid for the items, the seller did not contracted with me actively.
When I first asked him when he was going to ship. He responded, not yet.
The second time I asked, what's the tracking or my estimated date. He responded" you paid $15, I had to top on it.

Maybe I was little bit anxious, but he attitude made me consider him could not be trusted. That's why I opened the case.

3. He explained me that parcel, AFTER I opened the case.

I had over 100 100% positive transaction on Ebay and many on Rff. That's was my first time actually opened a case.
I have not been that "anxious" when bought my noctilux and 50 lux asph from forum member.

SYGTAFOTO

Thanks for all comments above.
There are couple of things I need to clarify;
1. I paid on Thursday night instead of Friday.
2. After I paid for the items, the seller did not contracted with me actively.
When I first asked him when he was going to ship. He responded, not yet.
The second time I asked, what's the tracking or my estimated date. He responded" you paid $15, I had to top on it.

Maybe I was little bit anxious, but he attitude made me consider him could not be trusted. That's why I opened the case.

3. He explained me that parcel, AFTER I opened the case.

I had over 100 100% positive transaction on Ebay and many on Rff. That's was my first time actually opened a case.
I have not been that "anxious" when bought my noctilux and 50 lux asph from forum member.
Thursday night in Texas means Friday afternoon in Australia.

Maybe the seller could have explained the situation better, but your response also sounded like a very anxious buyer.

E

enenrf

Thursday night in Texas means Friday afternoon in Australia.

Maybe the seller could have explained the situation better, but your response also sounded like a very anxious buyer.
Yes, I am a very anxious buyer.

That's all my fault. I am sorry.

madmaxmedia

Yes, I am a very anxious buyer.

That's all my fault. I am sorry.
Well, despite the misunderstandings you are obviously both honest forum members, so cheers to that and the completed transaction.

When I list items for sale, I always make it explicitly clear what the overseas shipping options are and if tracking is included (or how much extra Priority w/ tracking will cost.) I think if both sides agree to a transaction but don't clear shipping method up, both are inviting unfortunate misunderstandings even if both members are 100% honest.

C

ColorLiveFocus

I also asking to buy this lens before.
I think seller do not know the lens condition before he pose the thread.

Moonshine

POTENTIAL SCAMMER
USER NAME: GEAR
email: [email protected]

So I placed a wtb ad here a few days ago and this chap pmed me saying he wants me to communicate with him via above email and that he is from Spain and has a Nokton to sell.
luckily for me i was looking at Noktons on ebay and noticed that he had lifted the pictures and exact text from a seller from australia! I almost bought this nokton from him until i looked on ebay and saw the potential scam!

Haven't replied to his email since...

Jerry_R

POTENTIAL SCAMMER
USER NAME: GEAR
email: [email protected]

So I placed a wtb ad here a few days ago and this chap pmed me saying he wants me to communicate with him via above email and that he is from Spain and has a Nokton to sell.
luckily for me i was looking at Noktons on ebay and noticed that he had lifted the pictures and exact text from a seller from australia! I almost bought this nokton from him until i looked on ebay and saw the potential scam!

Haven't replied to his email since...
Have a look here:
http://wwwforum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=378734

:mad:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Be Ware of "APLA".

I believe he just changed his username to “APLA”. He joined GetDPI in October 2011 but seemed to know the forum very well.
I've bought Cambo DS to use with my P1 IQ, he sent me a "V" rather than "M" mount. Before I sent the payment, he was very nice. After I found out it was a wrong item, I’ve tried to contact him many times both by email and phone but he barely responded. It's been 2 months. I am too busy to keep contacting him and I've already cut loss for this one.
I've just want friends at GetDPI to know about this individual and be ware of him. GetDPI community is too good to have someone like this individual. People I’ve dealt with at GetDPI are excellent and very helpful.
He told me he was a Ph.D. I believe he trained in Philadelphia. When I told him I would pay by paypal and was happy to pay a 3% fee, he said he did not have an account and did not support paypal. I was fooled by his smoothness and saint-like talk.
This is his name and address.

Son Pham

Best regards,
Pramote

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
He is a very respected member of the forum. He also has several accounts and a personal friend. I'm sure this got away from him or something and yes he is very busy plus he has something personal going on right now that it taking him away from the forum. Those details I will not elaborate on but I will try and contact him myself. I have deleted his address as that is private. Let me add he has bought and sold many high dollar items with never a issue. I just know he is really away for awhile. I'll do my best to get a hold of him.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Guy.
That's what's how I felt about him when I first talked with him by phone. That's why I trusted him. I always paid by paypal unless I was absolutely sure.
Guy, you have to understand it's been too long. His response to this issue has been unacceptably long overdued and, the worse part, made me loss faith in people.
I believe I've been much more patient than a lot of people regarding this issue. Son couldn't wait and did email me 4 days after I mailed him the check just to tell me he did not receive it. I've been waiting for him to solve this issue for 2 months!
I hope so that this issue will be taken care of. Although I am relatively new to this forum, I have had a perfect reference with my professional, past purchases here, capture integration and at ebay.
One question to ask you is that why he has listed as a new member and joined the forum in October 2011 if he is a respected member. Do people in this forum have several accounts and why do they do that?

Thanks again,
Pramote