The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Negative feedback!!!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I agree its been along time no question and totally understand. On the issue of several accounts yes it seems so as some use for the B&S and some use to post. I don't understand it myself. I'm Guy and that is who I am. LOL

BTW thanks for reminding me just sent a note. Hopefully we can clear the air here.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks so much Guy!
I love this forum and will stay long here whatever the result will be.
Look on the bright side, the Cambo DS and ground glass are perfect although I can't use them with my P1 IQ180 :)
You and Jack are awesome. I truly appreciate it.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks I'm trying to help resolve this. I usually do not get in between these but he has been a good friend so at least its worth a try.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I have only V-plate and haven't bought the M plate yet. I still enjoy my P1 DF and Mamiya RZ so it is quite OK.
I've just received an email from Son's friend, Roger explaining what's going on with Son. It makes me understand him better.
I am not in hurry. If he can drop me an email, it would be great.

Thanks,
Pramote

O

Optechs Digital

Hello Pramote,

Would you please contact me off line. I would like to speak with you regarding this at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Paul

Guy Mancuso

Great news he did get in contact with you, I know something is going on why I jumped in and I was going to contact our dealer friends here and see what can be done. Looks like Paul jumped in to help, thanks Paul. We all know **** happens and I agree this has been a long road for you. Thanks Guy

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks very much for your help!
I greatly appreciate everything you've done, Guy.
I will just wait to hear from Son at his convenience.

Pramote

Tonyr

I'm new to this forum , but have been around long enough to learn the number one rule when buying .. " buyer beware "

Unfortunate situation for both parties , as both seem decent people , both with the right intentions .

In the end there is only one way to avoid this situation .. Buy a new one .!

vieri

Jun (JP_M23456789), for MIS-LISTING and REFUSING to solve the issue

Negative feedback for Jun (JP_M23456789), for MIS-LISTING in the sale items' list. I bought from him item Nr. 5 in this sale:

#5___Hasselblad 500CM outfit #A - $1300
500CM Chrome Mint body + rear cap (RU 1987)
Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image
PM5 Prism Finder/45º
80mm Planar CT* with front cap, Mint
Waist Level finder in Late style with double folding (black)
A12 – Chrome (RU 1987)
A12 - Black (RE 1989)
A12 – Black (EC 1995)
Extra Dark Slide
Hasselblad 100 Polaroid Back
Hasselblad Pro-Shade
Extra Focusing Screen 42218
Hasselblad Strap
4 filters (Yel, Red, Hoya PL B-50, Proxar f=0.5m)
Hasselblad Tripod Quick release

when I received the package with the goods, I had the unpleasant surprise to find that the

Extra Focusing Screen 42218

while clearly mentioned in the sale, was not there and in its place there was a old type screen in the 42218 box, as you can see in the attached photo. The used value of the two items differs by about $100 US, so not a small difference at all.

Contacted for explanation, Jun refused to compensate me for the mis listing, saying:
"Hello Vieri,

Honestly, whatever I have listed and I have sent period."

and in a following email

"Sorry for the mis-listing if you insist but that’s what I had and sent what I had."

Well, as everyone can understand "sorry for the mis-listing if you insist" is not going to cut it of course, I feel defrauded and derided as well (all correspondence is available upon request for those interested in seeing his attitude in full). I STRONGLY recommend to beware in future deals with Jun.

paul25

Re: Please do not buy from this guy.

His ID is Karlo.

I payed money to buy a lens from a member in Europe, and I think I may have been robbed of my money...:(

Here are the links to my PMs with him.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/private.php

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=242316

I tried to give him enough time (3 months!) to solve the case, but now I feel like a fool.

Please do not buy from this guy...

Moderator update: We have been notified that this issue has been settled to the satisfaction of both the buyer and the seller. Appears to have been delivery problems in the country that lens was being shipped to.

I just want to double confirm that the lens was finally received...
Karlo evidently told me that that he tried to send the lens 4 times without success...
Shame with the post office of Croatia....

Karlo

Re: Please do not buy from this guy.

I just want to double confirm that the lens was finally received...
Karlo evidently told me that that he tried to send the lens 4 times without success...
Shame with the post office of Croatia....
I'd just like to thank Paul for being so considerate and courteous throughout the whole process and of course the mods and admins for reactivating my account.

Since then both our customs and postal procedures have changed for better at least for the outbound international shipments while our inbound traffic still lags and sometimes never comes...

Thanks again. :thumbup:

Frank Petronio

Not Available
A caution about frequent seller YooNoah <>.

I made two separate transactions with him in early December 2011, one for a Leica 35 Summicron M lens described as excellent on GetDPI. When I received it I found it had about an 1/8" of play in the focusing mount. He said he would couldn't refund me but asked me to send it to Sherry Krauter and pretend it was on loan so that she would repair it for free. Instead I sent it to Youxin, who told me it was so worn out that it was unrepairable. I ended up selling it with an honest description.

A few days before buying the Cron I purchased a Leica M2 body off RFF from Ark8012 as well. This was described as a recently CLA'd user body with the rapid load upgrade and a new old stock M2 finder installed. He wanted a premium price for it ($875) and described it as being in superior condition in spite of its cosmetics. At first the camera seemed fine but then at higher shutter speeds the shutter showed capping... I didn't catch this until after I had resold the camera in good faith per his description. Instead the camera is so worn that it requires a new shutter brake and more parts, something he had to have known if Youxin just worked on it. Again refused refund and forced me to pursue resolution through PayPal, which is ongoing.

I understand things slip by but getting burnt two times in row by "overly optimistic" descriptions and then forcing me to pursue him through PayPal or take the hit on repairs or lost value makes YooNoah <> a seller to be avoided in my book.

~

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REPOST THIS on other photo forums as he seems to be active on many of them. If RFF and APUG members would warn their peers too I'd appreciate it (as I am no longer on those sites). This won't help me resolve anything and all he has to do is to get a new email account, but it might save somebody some grief and it feels good to do something.

Last edited:

ark8012

Answer for Frank's feedback.

We made the transaction for the M2 on 1st of Dec, 2011. He tried to open a case today, even before he got my answer. (I did not force him to open a case clearly). (email from Frank, 2:17pm, and email from Paypal for this issue, 2:18pm)

He got refused from Paypal because it is over 3 monthes old transaction.

First, I did not know the inside condition of the M2 body, and I used the description from Youxin Ye after he CLA'd the M2. Furthermore, I BOUGHT the M2 directly from Youxin Ye. So I trusted what Youxin said about the M2.

After he used the M2 for couple of days or weeks, he resold the M2. I asked him the reason, and he answered he prefered to use M6. He did not mentioned any problems at that time. The new buyer raised the shutter speed issue. It was covered by the Warranty of Youxin Ye. Somehow, he got it back the M2 very recently, I do not know the reason. He is trying to re-paint the M2 as I read his thread in the other forum. In his email, he asked me to pay for the repair, never asked me for refund, which I think he is trying to repaint and make me pay for the repaire cost during the repainting. (I am not sure, but very suspicous)

Anyways, I do not think I have a responsibility for 3 monthes old transaction. Who know if he did something wrong on the body during that time. I think this is very ridiculous case.

For the Summicron, I described the lens as USER Condition!! It had a few cleaning marks and two pencil tip size scrathes. How can I say excellent condition for the lens with those marks?
(He paid $1100 for the lens, very reasonable price for the condition).

He contacted me a week later after he received the lens. He said the lens is ok. Anyways, I did not know the issue when I sold the lens, so I CLEARLY mentioned that I will refund the money. Unfortunately, I already spent the money for my family (at the end of year, we need money for family, right?) So I asked him whether I can refund as soon as I make enough money. He can have the lens until that time.

He suggusted me if he can try to re-sell the lens or repair the lens. We agreed to send the lens to Sherry, who CLA'd the lens, just before I sold. She agreed to fix the lens for free of charge. After couple of days, I asked him whether he sent the lens or not. He said he sent the lens to Youxin Ye, without telling me. (I arranged the repair with Sherry already at that time). Eventually, Youxin said the lens might value about $1100 to $1200 with all known issues. He sold the lens for $1150. However he kept the front cap and the hood for the lens which I sold together in the price. He certainly made a profit.

The funny thing is, I PMed him to ask why he said in his ad for the Summicron I did not want to refund, he answered me that "do not care about the lens anymore, he will take care, and just let it go."

Now he raised the issue, which is also 3 monthes old.

I have bought and sold some gears here and there, he is the only one made an issue, and yes.. 3 monthes after the transaction....

Frank, please do not buy from me again. there are so many good members to deal with.

Last edited:

Frank Petronio

Not Available
That's a lot of lurking and assumptions on your part, Ark8012. And most of what you're saying is twisted or wrong.

The reason the M2 issue resurfaced is because I had sold it, not knowing that it was capping, to a college student in California. That poor kid went back and forth with it for almost three months until I told him to send the camera back to me and if I found it was capping then I would refund his money, which I did. And that is why this is an issue now. You represented this camera as being much better than the typical $500 user-grade M2 and you charged a premium price for it. So you either lied outright or you bullshitted about a $500 body so that you could resell it for $875.

Basically you've ripped me off for the difference between $875 and $500, at the least, plus hours of hassles and shipping fees.

As for the lens, you should have taken it back outright instead of asking me to lie to Sherry, which sounded really fishy so that is why I sent it to someone else. I trust the experienced repairman when he tells me it the focusing mount's play was because it was worn beyond replacement. Even though I only paid $1100 for the lens you still described it as excellent mechanically, which it most certainly was not. And even though I was able to sell it - and included the cap and shade without even mentioning them - it still was bad business for you to describe an expensive lens as excellent when it had that amount of play.

Oh and for your "refund" scheme you wanted me to pay you more via PayPal and then you would send me a refund as a PayPal gift? Sorry, that was too strange and complex to even contemplate....

As for wanting to paint a camera or anything else I do, that is my business. If the camera is repaired successfully, maybe I'll paint it. So what's that matter to you, other than being a stalker? In addition to being a lousy person to buy a camera from....

Ask anyone else I've traded with on multiple forums or from the 1200+ eBay transactions and you won't find one complaint. It takes a lot to piss me off enough to "out" you but you managed.

ark8012

Frank,

There might be a lot of assuptions on my part, because you did not tell me anything until you open the case on Paypal after 3 monthes, and receiving the email from you with threatening me by saying that you will raise this issue on the Forum if I did not pay for the repair. I always try to give an inspection period for what I sold, but not for 3 monthes. I am wondering who will.

For the M2, a buyer and a seller decide the price, and we agreed on the price. I described the M2 what I got from Youxin Ye, who is the man you trust.

For summicron, I CLEARLY mentioned I will TAKE BACK. I was afraid that Sherry avoid her warranty if she knows I sold the lens. I explained to you CLEARLY. You AGREED on that. I do not know you included the cap and shade, because you said "Comes with rear cap and will be protected on the front. This takes 39mm screw-in hoods (get a $12 vented Heavystar on eBay)." on your ad.
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/pho...eica-35mm-summicron-m-canada-great-user/cat/2

So you added the front cap and the hood even though you mentioned to buy a $12 hood on ebay, right??

You do your business, and I will do my business. Let's see what the other members say. I will not answer anymore until I see some feedbacks from others. I do not ruin this thread with our conversation.

Last edited:

Frank Petronio

Not Available
If your descriptions and sketchy resolutions to problems only happened once then I'd almost understand, since everyone makes mistakes. But you did two problematic transactions within a week, so that tells me that you are not to be trusted. I realize that I'm screwed out of at least $375 and many hours of hassles and shipping fees.

ark8012

If your descriptions and sketchy resolutions to problems only happened once then I'd almost understand, since everyone makes mistakes. But you did two problematic transactions within a week, so that tells me that you are not to be trusted. I realize that I'm screwed out of at least $375 and many hours of hassles and shipping fees.
I have to answer one more time, sorry for the other members.

Frank, you boght the M2 on 1st of Dec, and the Summicron 1st of Jan. There were a month gap, if you do math in right way. Please think who is trying to emphasize this strange issue, and lying.

As I told you, I am not a professional and that's why I am giving an inspection period. I never ever heard that someone trying to screw up the transaction after 3 monthes later.

By the way, I have to quote your post, since you changed your post after I replied. I do not make others missunderstand again.

======================================================================================================================================================

I want to update the information from Youxin Ye directly. This is the email from Youxin. I changed the person's name who bought the M2 from Frank to NEW OWNER.

1) 1st email from Youxin
Noah,
After NEW OWNER got the camera, he told me it has uneven exposure problem. I increased the shutter slit on the camera. I think too much slit will cause shutter work irregularly. From your side and Frank side, all told me the camera was good initially. When NEW OWNER sent me the camera, I tested speeds at left, middle and right, all worked fine. NEW OWNER is a college student, I believe he is a beginner too.
Regards,
Youxin

2) my reply
Youxin,
You mean there is a possiblity that the change (increasing the shutter slit) might cause the problem, right?
Thanks,
Noah

3) answer from Youxin
Noah,
It is possible if we adjust shutter speeds back to normal. In worst case, I think the shutter brake may need change. But I have to see after adjust shutter speeds back to normal first. The third owner **** really drove me crazy, with two people tested the camera and he insist the camera had uneven exposure.
Regards,
Youxin

==========================================================================================================================================================

This email confirmed that Frank got the good working M2 from me. That's what he told to Youxin.
At least he told the M2 had no problem mechanically to me, Youxin, and his own thread (about only a week ago, read the second comment by Frank in the middle of page, http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116685 )

Frank hided the point that Youxin Ye had to increase the shutter slit. This change is the major problem now, since possible problems can occur when Youxin adjust shutter sppeds back to normal.

I really do not understand why he try to open the case with me. Certainly I do not have any responsibility for the possible user caused problem after I sold the M2 long time ago, 3 monthes.

Last edited:

raywest

Personally, I would never buy from someone who hides behind a false name. In any case, as far as I can see you are both only here for the buy and sell, so I guess you deserve each other. Seems its more of a business, than the photography, so perhaps you should both be in the commercial vendor section. Reminds me of a couple of cats fighting over a fish head.

Frank Petronio

Not Available
Right, because I have so much to gain from all of this.... The weasel screwed me and I know I'll take the hit, but at least I might save some other buyers some grief.

ark8012

Raywest,

I am a beginner for the photography, I obtained my first leica in last October. I am trying to set up the best suitable gears to me, so I am buying and selling couple of time here. I do not post any photos yet, since I did not get a good result with my confidence.
I am not a commercial. I use my REAL name always. I will try to work more as a regular member. Thanks,

Noah