The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Negative feedback!!!

SYGTAFOTO

My take at this whole thing based on what you have written. You can agree or disagree but since you both posted here, you are looking for opinions, here are my 2 cents.

1. Seller is at fault for improperly describing the condition of the 35mm summicron. Seller did not do his due diligence.

2. Buyer and seller should have communicated together to send the lens to Sherry Krauter for warranty work. If buyer believes the repair should be paid for by the seller, then seller should have the final and only say in where the lens needs to be shipped for repair. When the buyer went against the seller's instruction and sent the lens off to Youxin, to me, the lens now fully belongs to the buyer. Seller no longer holds ownership nor responsibility (Buyer did not act in seller's behalf and now has taken ownership). Seller may choose to reimburse a portion of the repair costs (If he's nice).

3. It is buyer's responsibility to check the item and make sure everything works as it should when received in a timely manner. This is also seller's responsibility, but as the buyer said, the buyer himself sold the camera without fully checking either, so the buyer cannot blame the seller for such without admitting his own mistake.

4. It is generally not a good practice and etiquette to complain about an item 3 months after purchase. Buyer cannot prove that the defect was inherent when received and seller will not accept that the defect was inherent after 3 months. No private sellers provide 3 month warranty. Asking/granting for such is both irresponsible and unrealistic.

In the end, if I buy anything from ark8012, I will be sure to ask lots and lots of questions and request a grace period to fully test the item.

Frank Petronio should have worked with ark8012 to resolve the lens issue (sounds like ark8012 was willing to work together) and brought up the M2 issue early, and not after 3 months.

ark8012

Thank you for your comment. Scott.

Yes, I am always giving an inspection period for the gears I sold (except international sales or AS-IS item, I clearly mention when I cannot provide an inspection period in my ad). I am trying to describe my gears in detail with my knowledge, but I might miss something, that's why I am giving an inspection period. I also keep the money from buyers in my paypal account until the end of the inspection period. So I can refund quickly if a buyer wants to return.

There are some positive feedbacks for me. The buyers were satisfied with my description, fast shipping, safe packing, and "most importantly" good communication.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay enough. This has become a war of insults and acquisitions, not a discussion of coming to any type of agreement . Take it off line work it out or don't work it out but this really is not a warning to other members but way above what the intention was for negative feedback. Take it offline now. A message was delivered pure and simple be it right , wrong or indifferent. Thanks Guy

Private wars are meant to be private not public.

hulk

Very negative feedback for the user "mselderhuis" with the following email adress:
[email protected]
I bought to Makina 67 from him, and booth had problems he did not mention
One had the VF very foggy needing a clean service
The other has dead meter
After contacting him he said that the solution was for me to buy a hand meter
He does not wan't to assume his bad behaviour as a seller
So I wish to tell everyone to be very aware with this member
Thank you all

topgreat

Actually, this is the first time that I post a negative feedback. The seller did not have any responsibility. I bought a Noctilux E60 v4 from Geoffrey Roberts (Geoff Roberts, [email protected]) in order to replace the one I sold due to my past financial problem.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-wtb/34152-fs-leica-noctilux-50mm-f1-e60.html

I asked him to confirm if the glass has any problem such as scratches, haze, etc., and he still confirmed that the glass is in an excellent condition. After the lens was shipped to me, I inspected its condition and found that the front element has several obvious scratches. When I asked for a compensation, this guy told me that the lens is still in an excellent condition and can take pictures without any problem. He refused to do anything. If there is a problem, he should let me know at the beginning so I can decide if I should buy it or not. It seems that he just tried to get rid of the lens that has some defects. Don't buy from this guy again. You cannot trust his word.

linjor

I need to report this....

The original link:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-wtb/34141-fs-leica-elmarit-m-f-2-8-21mm-asph-lens.html

I sent the payment via paypal on 2012/2/18 and the seller(KKnight) from [email protected] said that he won't be able to ship the lens until 2/22 due to his work schedule. However, he just didn't respond to my e-mail and didn't ship the item later on.

I had opened the case and probably will get the refund from paypal in these few days since we didn't get any answer.

I am going to post the negative feedback after the case was closed but I just found that he/she is trying to sell a 1DsIII here ....
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-wtb/35700-canon-1ds-mark-iii.html

Please confirm he will ship the camera or don't send your payment!!!

JP_M23456789

Re: Jun (JP_M23456789), for MIS-LISTING and REFUSING to solve the issue

Negative feedback for Jun (JP_M23456789), for MIS-LISTING in the sale items' list. I bought from him item Nr. 5 in this sale:

#5___Hasselblad 500CM outfit #A - $1300
500CM Chrome Mint body + rear cap (RU 1987)
Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image
PM5 Prism Finder/45º
80mm Planar CT* with front cap, Mint
Waist Level finder in Late style with double folding (black)
A12 – Chrome (RU 1987)
A12 - Black (RE 1989)
A12 – Black (EC 1995)
Extra Dark Slide
Hasselblad 100 Polaroid Back
Hasselblad Pro-Shade
Extra Focusing Screen 42218
Hasselblad Strap
4 filters (Yel, Red, Hoya PL B-50, Proxar f=0.5m)
Hasselblad Tripod Quick release

when I received the package with the goods, I had the unpleasant surprise to find that the

while clearly mentioned in the sale, was not there and in its place there was a old type screen in the 42218 box, as you can see in the attached photo. The used value of the two items differs by about $100 US, so not a small difference at all.

Contacted for explanation, Jun refused to compensate me for the mis listing, saying:
"Hello Vieri,

Honestly, whatever I have listed and I have sent period."

and in a following email

"Sorry for the mis-listing if you insist but that’s what I had and sent what I had."

Well, as everyone can understand "sorry for the mis-listing if you insist" is not going to cut it of course, I feel defrauded and derided as well (all correspondence is available upon request for those interested in seeing his attitude in full). I STRONGLY recommend to beware in future deals with Jun.

Please let's get over with miscommunication.

It's miscommunication. I shipped the package to Italy and the man wasn't there to check it out. He was in Istanbul and his assistant looked at the package. He wanted a discount and I gave him $100 off.
It took 4 days to get to Italy but those Italian mail system took weeks and weeks and the guy was panicking over that this is going to be a problem and finally hi got the package.
He was upset over the "Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image" which was already inside the Hasselblad and the old screen was in the Acute-Matte case. But he kept asking the "Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image" and he wanted another $100 off for compensation after the sale was over a month. That's no reason to give a negative feedback. It's miscommunication over the wrong box.

I simply said you had your deal and got the package and done deal.
That's why I don't want to do another international sales even with tracking. Canada post got to a destination country in 4 days and their own country mail hold up the package for no reason and I get all the blame. It's a nightmare.

Hope this explain those incident.

vieri

Please let's get over with miscommunication.

It's miscommunication. I shipped the package to Italy and the man wasn't there to check it out. He was in Istanbul and his assistant looked at the package. He wanted a discount and I gave him $100 off.
It took 4 days to get to Italy but those Italian mail system took weeks and weeks and the guy was panicking over that this is going to be a problem and finally hi got the package.
He was upset over the "Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image" which was already inside the Hasselblad and the old screen was in the Acute-Matte case. But he kept asking the "Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image" and he wanted another $100 off for compensation after the sale was over a month. That's no reason to give a negative feedback. It's miscommunication over the wrong box.

I simply said you had your deal and got the package and done deal.
That's why I don't want to do another international sales even with tracking. Canada post got to a destination country in 4 days and their own country mail hold up the package for no reason and I get all the blame. It's a nightmare.

Hope this explain those incident.
No miscommunication. You misrepresented your sale, and ripped me off as a result. All the rest is absolutely irrelevant to the case. You explicitly mentioned in the list of items included in the sale I am referring to:

- Extra Focusing Screen 42218

but unfortunately, as you admit now, there was just THE BOX of the screen in question, full with a regular, old style screen. The difference in value between the Extra Focusing Screen 42218 and the regular old screen (C style, THAT old!) is about 100 $, which is the amount you ripped me off with your misrepresentation of sale, and which you repeatedly refused to compensate me with, saying, as you did here "you had your deal and got the package and done deal" which I am sorry is simply not good enough. Imagine any common thief saying, when caught, "I got the items off the store, done deal"!!

More, now you are lying and saying that I was writing you about the Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image when you know this is not the case: I ALWAYS protested about you not including the Extra Focusing Screen 42218, as is clear per my post here and per all our correspondence which is available for all to see upon request.

This will be my last reply on the matter, I am sure that everyone can see through all your BS including mail system etc which, again, is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT to the fact that you included the Extra Focusing Screen 42218 box WITH A DIFFERENT SCREEN IN IT, misrepresenting your sale and therefore not giving me the value I was expecting for my money - therefore, practically, stealing 100 $ from me.

Anyway, the 100 $ you stole from me are gone, I am in peace with that and sincerely I am feeling very sorry for you - you must be in very poor shape if stealing 100 $ from me makes such a change in your life that you are ready to loose you honor over them. I definitely wouldn't like to be you.

What I sincerely hope, more than recovering my money, is that you will not be able to defraud anyone else here on any other forum and I will do all I can do to try and make sure that no one will be in my unfortunate position of being ripped off after dealing with you as I have been.

JP_M23456789

Hello Vieri,

It wasn't a good experience for you and me. I wanted it to be as smooth transaction as possible but you aggravate me about the delaying all the while since it not my fault and making me feel guilty for not my responsibility. It built up distrust among us as you mention that you don't know if I put a stone instead of cameras and stuff. Anyway beside the point but it caused some friction here.

For whatever that Acute-Matte box I have sold you was the Acute-Matte screen with the box that I bought from powerseller from the states.
I had simply put that new screen in the camera and store the old one in that box that came with it.

I didn't know that you thought there were expecting TWO Acute-Matte in the sale.
Let's forget about all that miscommunication here.
Would you be compensated if I refund you $100?
I regret that somewhat miscommunication happened here.

Please send me an email directly if you want to resolve this.
I want it end happy for both of us.

Jun

No miscommunication. You misrepresented your sale, and ripped me off as a result. All the rest is absolutely irrelevant to the case. You explicitly mentioned in the list of items included in the sale I am referring to:

- Extra Focusing Screen 42218

but unfortunately, as you admit now, there was just THE BOX of the screen in question, full with a regular, old style screen. The difference in value between the Extra Focusing Screen 42218 and the regular old screen (C style, THAT old!) is about 100 $, which is the amount you ripped me off with your misrepresentation of sale, and which you repeatedly refused to compensate me with, saying, as you did here "you had your deal and got the package and done deal" which I am sorry is simply not good enough. Imagine any common thief saying, when caught, "I got the items off the store, done deal"!!

More, now you are lying and saying that I was writing you about the Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image when you know this is not the case: I ALWAYS protested about you not including the Extra Focusing Screen 42218, as is clear per my post here and per all our correspondence which is available for all to see upon request.

This will be my last reply on the matter, I am sure that everyone can see through all your BS including mail system etc which, again, is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT to the fact that you included the Extra Focusing Screen 42218 box WITH A DIFFERENT SCREEN IN IT, misrepresenting your sale and therefore not giving me the value I was expecting for my money - therefore, practically, stealing 100 $ from me.

Anyway, the 100 $ you stole from me are gone, I am in peace with that and sincerely I am feeling very sorry for you - you must be in very poor shape if stealing 100 $ from me makes such a change in your life that you are ready to loose you honor over them. I definitely wouldn't like to be you.

What I sincerely hope, more than recovering my money, is that you will not be able to defraud anyone else here on any other forum and I will do all I can do to try and make sure that no one will be in my unfortunate position of being ripped off after dealing with you as I have been.

vieri

Hello Jun,

first of all, about the trust: of course I had no trust issues with you to begin with, please tell me what can be showing more trust than sending you thousands of dollars hoping that you ship the items you listed?

Besides that. You listed, one last time:
#5___Hasselblad 500CM outfit #A - $1300
500CM Chrome Mint body + rear cap (RU 1987)
Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image

which means, in plain english, ONE 42215
Focusing Screen Acute-Matte D with Microprism and Split-image AND ONE Extra Focusing Screen 42218. NOT two acute matte, as you keep implying I was somehow expecting, NOT one acute matte D and one old crappy screen as you sent over.

So, please drop the misunderstanding bit.

That said and done, I appreciate your finally being willing to compensate me for the difference in the screens' value. You can PayPal me the 100 $ difference to my PayPal address, the same I used to send you the payment, and that would definitely be appreciated. I am only sorry it took me to go public on the forum for this to happen, and I will of course let the forum know once and if the dispute is settled.

Best,

Vieri

Hello Vieri,

It wasn't a good experience for you and me. I wanted it to be as smooth transaction as possible but you aggravate me about the delaying all the while since it not my fault and making me feel guilty for not my responsibility. It built up distrust among us as you mention that you don't know if I put a stone instead of cameras and stuff. Anyway beside the point but it caused some friction here.

For whatever that Acute-Matte box I have sold you was the Acute-Matte screen with the box that I bought from powerseller from the states.
I had simply put that new screen in the camera and store the old one in that box that came with it.

I didn't know that you thought there were expecting TWO Acute-Matte in the sale.

Jun

Tesselator

Personally, I would never buy from someone who hides behind a false name.
You mean a screen name like "Tesselator"?

I hope not! And a name like Bob Smith is no more of a guarantee of anything.

I certainly "hide" behind a false name but if anyone is ever dissatisfied with something I sold where the description doesn't match or even just where they made a mistake in translating of the description's meaning I'll refund everything immediately and pay for shipping both ways - immediately!

Just saying! Don't rag on the 99.99% of us using screen names because some crook or semi-crook happens also to be using one.

vieri

Hello Jun,

thank you for finally accepting the situation and sending 100 $ as compensation for your misrepresentation in the original sale's ad. I want to publicly confirm that I got your PayPal refund OK, I much appreciate it, and consider the matter finally closed - it took almost two months and posting here, but I am happy to report that you finally came to your senses.

I wish you all the best in future sales, hoping that you will be more careful in your listings in order to avoid to find yourself in similar situations in the future.

Hello Vieri,

Jun

raywest

You mean a screen name like "Tesselator"?

I hope not! And a name like Bob Smith is no more of a guarantee of anything.

I certainly "hide" behind a false name but if anyone is ever dissatisfied with something I sold where the description doesn't match or even just where they made a mistake in translating of the description's meaning I'll refund everything immediately and pay for shipping both ways - immediately!

Just saying! Don't rag on the 99.99% of us using screen names because some crook or semi-crook happens also to be using one.
As I said, 'Personally'. Maybe it's cultural, perhaps related to honesty and integrity, that sort of thing. I see no need to invent a name, unless you are trying to hide from the 'real you'. Of course 'Mr Bob Smith' may not be a real name, but perhaps I'd bother to look, and then check it out. Equally, I never bother if the only phone number is a mobile, or email is yahoo or hotmail or similar. Just my decision, after a few years trading on the net, and elsewhere.

I was not implying that either of the guys to which my response was directed were crooks, I was just pointing out the fact that Frank, using a readily traceable name, would have a real world reputation, but Ark??? would not, and because of that fact I would not buy from him. It is my choice, my opinion; you, and others can make your own choices.

Best wishes,

Ray

issa918

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-wtb/36885-fs-hasselblad-cfv-39-digital-back.html

this guy is a scam.

I helped my friend to contact the seller thru here. They communicated thru personal email and agreed the transaction on 10th May 2012.

After got the paypal payment, the seller said he/she had to wait to withdraw money to the bank account before shipping and the process was normally taken 4-5 days. Then my friend asked for status sometimes, and after last wednesday, no response anymore. Now it's on paypal file.

Please beware of the same name in other forum.

issa918

We really hope to see the delivery evidence. We have your email record as well.

And members can google this guy and see there's various post about he's using others' pics to sell.
The poster above me is lying. His "friend" after being shipped the Hasselblad CFV-39 and accessories wanted to back out because he thought it was a MS model which is wasnt nor did I ever claim it to be. I said no refund. He has now filed a dispute with PayPal which he will lose because I have electronic copies of our correspondence, a tracking no., and confirmation of delivery. I listed everything that was listed in my PP invoice in great detail. Must be some "friend" as a guy with a single post posting negative feedback regarding an issue that doesnt concern "you" and is pending atm. This member has been stalking me throughout various photography forums spamming "scammer" comments on various threads that I have posted. Do not do business with "him" or his "friend" as I have had a very bad business experience with them thus far. Thanks.

awslee

I can vouch for Issa918, he might be new here, but he has traded on other forum and he takes very good care on every transaction. Issa issa918 is also very knowledgable about equipments.

issa918

I can vouch for Issa918, he might be new here, but he has traded on other forum and he takes very good care on every transaction. Issa issa918 is also very knowledgable about equipments.
Thanks, awslee! Yes, I 'm much active on local forum and RRF before.

FYI, paypal just refunded to my friend after 10 days and that scam guy didn't respond at all. We should be more careful. Luckily we didn't pay by wire transfer.

Annasegin tried to sell a hasselblad lens to me a while ago when i responded to a classified ad and and never responded after my request for references. Then I posted a wanted listing 2 months after that for the same lens and I got an email from a different email address with the same exact pictures that were in her previous ad. Very shady and I'm not the only one that has had issues with her. Avoid at all costs. We have all asked her to post references to prove she is real, with real gear and she has never stepped up.

Diversey

I bought 3 Leica R lenses from Wayne Pease (user name=smokysun) two weeks ago, but one of the lenses was not described correctly by him, there is a piece of long hair or something like a piece of hair inside lens, behind front element, which affects photo image. I contacted him and wanted to return the lens or get some refund back. I emailed him, but he did not respond and disappeared. I strongly suggest nobody should buy anything from him and he should be removed from this forum because he is not honest. David

Last edited: