Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Problem Placing Add

  1. #1
    Member BenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Olalla, WA
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Problem Placing Add

    Today I tried to run an add, payed via paypal, filled out the add page and tried to advance to the next page. At that point the page would not advance and seemed to want me to add a price for the item I was listing. I had a dollar amount listed but could not proceed. I left the add page and when I came back and tried to again place it showed that I had no credits in my account and trying to advance only prompted me to select a payment type for my add, again.

    What am I not doing that I should be doing? Can I get back to where I am credited for paying for the add I was unable to place?

    Ben

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Problem Placing Add

    Tried to place an ads hour ago. Select cash payment and cannot go any further after upload the pics. It uses to take me to PayPal for payment. Any thing changed on payment ? Do we have to purchase the point in order to place an ads?

  3. #3
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Problem Placing Add

    Quote Originally Posted by SKueh View Post
    Tried to place an ads hour ago. Select cash payment and cannot go any further after upload the pics. It uses to take me to PayPal for payment. Any thing changed on payment ? Do we have to purchase the point in order to place an ads?
    Sorry you had a problem.
    I have changed the sequence so that payment is requested after entering the ad data.
    Some folks have had difficulties using Firefox 26 although I have tested that and it works for me.
    please email me at info.getdpi.com with the particulars and I will sort things out for you.
    thanks
    -bob

  4. #4
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Problem Placing Add

    Quote Originally Posted by BenH View Post
    Today I tried to run an add, payed via paypal, filled out the add page and tried to advance to the next page. At that point the page would not advance and seemed to want me to add a price for the item I was listing. I had a dollar amount listed but could not proceed. I left the add page and when I came back and tried to again place it showed that I had no credits in my account and trying to advance only prompted me to select a payment type for my add, again.

    What am I not doing that I should be doing? Can I get back to where I am credited for paying for the add I was unable to place?

    Ben
    Ben, I think we resolved the issue didn't we?
    thanks
    -bob

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: Problem Placing Add

    I just had the same problem. Filled out my ad, paid for it, when I clicked on 'return to GetDPI' it wasn't there.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  6. #6
    Administrator Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    367

    Re: Problem Placing Add

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rubinstein View Post
    I just had the same problem. Filled out my ad, paid for it, when I clicked on 'return to GetDPI' it wasn't there.

    We are trying to debug this. In my testing I have not so far been able to replicate the problem. It pretty frustrating for sure. Please post or pm me with the details.
    The only thing in common do far seems to be Firefox 26 at least amongst the folks who have provided details. Also be careful not to use a currency symbol of any kind in the price field.
    Thanks
    -bob

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: Problem Placing Add

    I'm using Chrome. On Windows 7 64bit. Didn't use any currency symbol. I'll try again and tell you if it worked.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: Problem Placing Add

    Worked this time, thank you Bob! Last time after I clicked on 'return me to GetDPI' it showed a window saying 'you are being redirected, if you are not redirected within 10 seconds click here'. I wasn't so I clicked but then everything froze. I think it was a paypal problem not yours.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Problem Placing Add

    problems placing an ad; I have paid twice for a four week ad using payal and both times a glitch took place leaving me with no ad completed and being asked for money again. I am embarrassed to admit how much time I have spent trying to place an ad; this is just not working!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •