The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problem Placing Add

BenH

Today I tried to run an add, payed via paypal, filled out the add page and tried to advance to the next page. At that point the page would not advance and seemed to want me to add a price for the item I was listing. I had a dollar amount listed but could not proceed. I left the add page and when I came back and tried to again place it showed that I had no credits in my account and trying to advance only prompted me to select a payment type for my add, again.

What am I not doing that I should be doing? Can I get back to where I am credited for paying for the add I was unable to place?

Ben

SKueh

Tried to place an ads hour ago. Select cash payment and cannot go any further after upload the pics. It uses to take me to PayPal for payment. Any thing changed on payment ? Do we have to purchase the point in order to place an ads?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Tried to place an ads hour ago. Select cash payment and cannot go any further after upload the pics. It uses to take me to PayPal for payment. Any thing changed on payment ? Do we have to purchase the point in order to place an ads?
Sorry you had a problem.
I have changed the sequence so that payment is requested after entering the ad data.
Some folks have had difficulties using Firefox 26 although I have tested that and it works for me.
please email me at info.getdpi.com with the particulars and I will sort things out for you.
thanks
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Today I tried to run an add, payed via paypal, filled out the add page and tried to advance to the next page. At that point the page would not advance and seemed to want me to add a price for the item I was listing. I had a dollar amount listed but could not proceed. I left the add page and when I came back and tried to again place it showed that I had no credits in my account and trying to advance only prompted me to select a payment type for my add, again.

What am I not doing that I should be doing? Can I get back to where I am credited for paying for the add I was unable to place?

Ben
Ben, I think we resolved the issue didn't we?
thanks
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I just had the same problem. Filled out my ad, paid for it, when I clicked on 'return to GetDPI' it wasn't there.

We are trying to debug this. In my testing I have not so far been able to replicate the problem. It pretty frustrating for sure. Please post or pm me with the details.
The only thing in common do far seems to be Firefox 26 at least amongst the folks who have provided details. Also be careful not to use a currency symbol of any kind in the price field.
Thanks
-bob

Ben Rubinstein

Worked this time, thank you Bob! Last time after I clicked on 'return me to GetDPI' it showed a window saying 'you are being redirected, if you are not redirected within 10 seconds click here'. I wasn't so I clicked but then everything froze. I think it was a paypal problem not yours.

cs750

problems placing an ad; I have paid twice for a four week ad using payal and both times a glitch took place leaving me with no ad completed and being asked for money again. I am embarrassed to admit how much time I have spent trying to place an ad; this is just not working!