The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica v3 50mm Summicron Black Paint

dreamsartart

Leica v3 50mm Summicron Black Paint

50mm Summicron ser. no. 2434250 cat. no. 11817, very rare Black Paint version
original Leitz Wetzlar box (matching serial number)
12585 lenshood
lenshood cap
original Leitz ‘’keeper’ plastic container

Very beautiful condition (see photographs)

CLA’d by Don Goldberg (DAG Camera USA), fully functional, very 'butter' smooth perfectly dampened focus, aperture working smooth, with defined aperture click half and full stops, clean aperture blades

Glass is clean and clear, no scratches, no fungus, no haze

Very rare original Black Paint for this version (no catalog reference was ever made of this version I am aware of, was a Leitz factory limited prototype, special order, or military issue?). Probably less than 200 were produced from the serial numbers of the few I’ve seen over the years. Like the later production v2 ‘rigid’ 50 Summicron and 50 Summilux in black paint; Lens barrel is black anodised, Black Paint parts used for; aperture ring, focus ring, depth of field / grip ring. This lens has larger and different style engravings than the normal production v3 50 Summicron to accommodate the engraving paint fill on paint. (see photos)

A very unusual and rare lens, very nice condition in every way, Boxed!, and a bargain for an original classic Black Paint Leica lens.

Price; $2,800, price includes shipping cost
Shipping with dependable EMS Japan Post, insured and signature required

Thanks for looking, any question please let me know.

the last two photos are side-by-side of the normal black 'chrome' anodised v3 and this black paint v3, note the engraving differences and the finish

R0072161.jpgR0072150.jpgR0072151.jpgR0072152.jpgR0072153.jpgR0072155.jpgR0072156.jpg