The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Watch out for xiafeng205

michaelclark

A user here on GetDPI named xiafeng205 has been trying to buy one of my lenses and we finally settled on a price then he gave me a US address even though he is overseas. He will only pay via PayPal and refused a wire transfer. I googled the address he gave me just to see where it was and a phone book of google warnings came up on various forums:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Membe...-company-located-in-the-US-but/qaq-p/24011771

Be careful out there. In this scam they have you mail off the gear, then say 90 days later--after all the info has been eradicated from PayPal--that they never received it and want their money back.

Cheers, Michael

jeanlucco

I Michael,

It seems that I have been fouled by the same or his brother , this time he is answering emails with an address named "xuejiao0418", I forgot to read the B&S feedback :-( Sent two days ago my gears to "him", UPS delivered it but as you mentioned now he is even claiming that he did not received the gears, money still in PayPal, not released it, maybe they will release the money but as you mentioned PayPal will asked me soon to reimburse it, will call them to see if I can be protected. I am pretty sure that I will never see again my gear and the money waiting for me in PayPal is just temporary,
Cheers
Jean-Luc

A user here on GetDPI named xiafeng205 has been trying to buy one of my lenses and we finally settled on a price then he gave me a US address even though he is overseas. He will only pay via PayPal and refused a wire transfer. I googled the address he gave me just to see where it was and a phone book of google warnings came up on various forums:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Membe...-company-located-in-the-US-but/qaq-p/24011771

Be careful out there. In this scam they have you mail off the gear, then say 90 days later--after all the info has been eradicated from PayPal--that they never received it and want their money back.

Cheers, Michael

jeanlucco

Dear All,
Just to inform everybody that Xiafeng205 is not a scam, he is living in China, after few misunderstanding everything went very fine,
you can trust him,
If you need further information, do not hesitate to contact me.
Cheers
Jean-Luc

I Michael,

It seems that I have been fouled by the same or his brother , this time he is answering emails with an address named "xuejiao0418", I forgot to read the B&S feedback :-( Sent two days ago my gears to "him", UPS delivered it but as you mentioned now he is even claiming that he did not received the gears, money still in PayPal, not released it, maybe they will release the money but as you mentioned PayPal will asked me soon to reimburse it, will call them to see if I can be protected. I am pretty sure that I will never see again my gear and the money waiting for me in PayPal is just temporary,
Cheers
Jean-Luc

stephengilbert

For what it's worth, I sold an item on eBay a year or so ago, to a buyer in China with a US address. He falsely claimed that the item was not as described, and I ended up agreeing to a partial refund. After the fact, a Paypal employee told me that they don't guarantee such transactions -- where the buyer is overseas but uses a US delivery address -- and that I didn't need to settle.

It was too late for me, and I won't sell anything on eBay again, but it's worth checking if you have a similar problem.