Site Sponsors

Thread: Any One use this Canon mount Schneider T/S?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Any One use this Canon mount Schneider T/S?

Check out this Schneider 28/2.8 PC Super-Angulon with Canon EOS mount:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...r_Angulon.html

Found this in my search to find lenses up the abilities of the 1DsMKIII ... many of the Canon L lenses fall short IMO.

Anyone have any experience using one on a digital camera? It's most likely similar to, or the same as, the Leica R version.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any One use this Canon mount Schneider T/S?

This is the same lens as the Leica R version..they buy it from Schneider. Of course the story is that Leica hand picks the best. It has a special mount so that it will work on a Canon or with the other mount a R body. I used one briefly last summer on loan from the Leica Akademie and found it to be an excellent lens . It does benefit by stopping it down so I used it at 5.6 and 8.0 and it produced Leica quality. IMHO. Since I don t use T/S I can t compare its performance really to anything other than a std lens like a 35 summicron. I think if it was for a 1dsMKIII I would look hard at the Nikkor 24 T/S as the Schneider is really quite an old design.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    This is the same lens as the Leica R version..they buy it from Schneider. Of course the story is that Leica hand picks the best. It has a special mount so that it will work on a Canon or with the other mount a R body. I used one briefly last summer on loan from the Leica Akademie and found it to be an excellent lens . It does benefit by stopping it down so I used it at 5.6 and 8.0 and it produced Leica quality. IMHO. Since I don t use T/S I can t compare its performance really to anything other than a std lens like a 35 summicron. I think if it was for a 1dsMKIII I would look hard at the Nikkor 24 T/S as the Schneider is really quite an old design.
    Thanks. It's just as I figured. I used the Schneider R version years ago on a R7.

Post Thanks / Like

Marc.. I had one of these lenses a few months back and had used it on the 1DsmkIII. It is quite sharp edge to edge stopped down to f5.6 or more. There is a fair bit of CA especially when shifted.