The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small Rambling on the 24mm TS-E II

kavalliano

Never tried the 24 and 17 TS from Canon. But had some fun with the Contax 35/2.8 PC + adapter mounted on my 5D II. A great lens also. Thanks for sharing nice pics! Congrats!

J

JulianDeLaRosa

I have to say that the 17 TS-E and 24 TS-E MK II are very good at what they do. :)

24 TS-E MK II:

17 TS-E:

Uaiomex

Great images. I own the 17 and use it often with the 1.4X without visible degradation. This new breed of lenses vanished my lust for digital medium format.
I'm not saying they can match what you can achieve with MF but certainly they are good enough for the the next and subsequent generation of sensors up to 50 mp's at least. Who needs more?
Besides, I truly believe that the most outstanding, compelling, inspiring and unforgettable photographic imagery of the last 40 years has been done with "35" size gear. In the film years, it lacked quality for big blow-ups. Now, it easily supersedes most expectations.
Digital 35 is the new medium format of photography. The new "Holy Grail", only better.
Eduardo

I have to say that the 17 TS-E and 24 TS-E MK II are very good at what they do. :)

24 TS-E MK II:

17 TS-E:

Last edited:
J

JulianDeLaRosa

Great images. I own the 17 and use it often with the 1.4X without visible degradation. This new breed of lenses vanished my lust for digital medium format.
I'm not saying they can match what you can achieve with MF but certainly they are good enough for the the next and subsequent generation of sensors up to 50 mp's at least. Who needs more?
Besides, I truly believe that the most outstanding, compelling, inspiring and unforgettable photographic imagery of the last 40 years has been done with "35" size gear. In the film years, it lacked quality for big blow-ups. Now, it easily supersedes most expectations.
Digital 35 is the new medium format of photography. The new "Holy Grail", only better.
Eduardo
Thanks Eduardo. I have to agree with your statement. It's just that waiting for the next camera is making me impatient. :) I do welcome more MPs because I sell 40x60 quite a bit and it doesn't hurt to have the extra rez. So, in the mean time, I'll be waiting for what is next to come. ;)

Uaiomex

Hahahaha!
I'm on the same pathetic train. I've been looking for new camera rumors for over 3 months now. I define myself as a moderate gear junkie. I need new stuff a little more often than "once in a while"
Gear is to photographers what shoes are for women, right? :ROTFL:
Eduardo

Thanks Eduardo. I have to agree with your statement. It's just that waiting for the next camera is making me impatient. :) I do welcome more MPs because I sell 40x60 quite a bit and it doesn't hurt to have the extra rez. So, in the mean time, I'll be waiting for what is next to come. ;)

J

JulianDeLaRosa

Hahahaha!
I'm on the same pathetic train. I've been looking for new camera rumors for over 3 months now. I define myself as a moderate gear junkie. I need new stuff a little more often than "once in a while"
Gear is to photographers what shoes are for women, right? :ROTFL:
Eduardo
You're exactly right!! :LOL::ROTFL:;)