The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 1D Mark IV Fun

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Uwe,

great photo, although I wonder which camera you finally prefer now, as you also posted similar photos under a D3s thread how great the results form the D3s camera are :confused:

I must say I like the D3s colors more, at least on the posted images .....

Appreciate your clarification.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Uwe,

great photo, although I wonder which camera you finally prefer now, as you also posted similar photos under a D3s thread how great the results form the D3s camera are :confused:

I must say I like the D3s colors more, at least on the posted images .....

Appreciate your clarification.
Lets say so much: I like the D3s a lot. We shot with both cameras but of course not always the same.

T

tombanz10

I have one passion that I have collected nature base photos. You have captured such a cool and also pretty photos. I think that You have captured that photo before the rain fallen. So The whether was being looked like amazing.

baudolino

Fantastic machine, got mine last Thursday, here is a small selection of my shots from last Sunday at Lake Neusiedl in Austria, all taken with the 200mm 2.8 L lens.

C

Cliff_L

I'm really enjoying my 1D Mark IV, although I wish I had more time to get out in the field with it.

It's nice to finally have a high-speed, pro-build camera with enough pixels to allow for serious cropping. I don't have image hosting to post examples at the moment, so this is a shameless link to my blog site:

http://imageswest.blogspot.com/2010/09/canon-eos-1d-mark-iv.html

Ralfsworld

I am really pleased with my 1D Mark IV. This is Lilac-breasted Roller captured in Kenya few months ago with EF 400mm F/2,8 L IS & 1.4 Extender handhold from a jeep.

bennettk

I've been using the 1D series at work since the original 1D. Love the speed and responsiveness, and the 1.3x focal length factor is basically a non-issue. Finally got a couple Mark IV bodies last spring, after five years shooting the Mark II. High ISO image quality is great. Love these cameras. This is from a recent basketball game.

turtle

ralfsworld, that shot shows how quick and accurate the focus is. I could not decide between this and a 5D II and went for the latter based on cost and size, but will prob get a Mk IV in a few months if certain things come good (I have various needs and having one of each makes a certain amount of sense). While playing with the cameras in B&H, I was stunned by the speed of the focus. It humiliated the 5D II and felt much more responsive than all of the Nikons (yes, D3s included) and this surprised me. I knew it would be good, but this fast ?!?!? Wow...

mazor

Wow Ralfsworld, the colors are like super vibrant, sharp focused image! Kudos to 1D focus engine eh.

For me it is a bit of hit and miss with my 5D mk i and 100-400L to capture similar images.

Henry Goh

on sportsshooter.com I read that quite a few users have complained about 1D MKIV giving them problems. Worst still don't seem to be able to fix their cameras as they still get errors after the cameras are returned. Anyone here have bad experiences with this camera? I'm thinking of getting one but am worried.

RGoldman

Mine has worked flawlessly since the day I got it and it was one of the first ones released. It's a wonderful piece of equipment.

Ron

Rolo

Which lenses are you using with the Mk IV ?

I'm particularly interested in the wide end and the alternatives to the 16-35mm zoom, having recently sold the Version I with the intention of buying a VII, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thanks.