The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Crazy Guy has done something Weird on 550D

pentacon6

1st here:
http://www.oldlensclub.hk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2610

2nd here:
http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=835265&extra=&page=1

Both are from the DC forum in Hong Kong. You need not to understand the chat but just see the photo. I can tell you, the crazy guy just bought 3 bodies to modify.
He removed the focusing screen, mirror box, AF mount and contact points, which just leave the body work in Liveview! All the modification is to use it for shooting movie. After the mod, it is able to use the lens below:

Nikon F
Canon EF / EF-S / FD<<<? I don't understand that is it reversable?
Leica R
Arri Standard / Bayonet / PL
BNCR
BNC
Oct19
Aaton
Panavision PL

Of course, no AF anymore.

OK, now I understand why Canon is not going to make any mirrorless camera because it is mirrorless ready! :ROTFL:

I used to thinking of it is able to mod a 5D Mark II to use Leica M and now seems that 5D Mark II t is quite possible to be mod-ed to use Leica M for its bigger mirror box. Or some cheapo 1000D body can be mod-ed if you're getting bored with it and try to explorer its live view function. A P&S camera may be done if you try harder.

No sample so far, but I think it is not a joke.

Last edited:
T

tokengirl

I would have at least waited until the warranty expired...:eek:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I will keep an eye out for it in the Buy and Sell forum :ROTFL:

-bob

hot

such a silly guy :)

I use my Lumix GH1 UNMODIFIED(!) with some adapters with more then TWENTY lenses!
fullHD and HD ... 1920x1080, 1280x720, ....