The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

bensonga

Gary - Is this the dirt/gravel road by Chicken?
Don,

No, this is about 100 miles northeast of Anchorage and about 20 miles downstream of the Matanuska Glacier (source of the river in this photo). From here, it's about 300+ miles to Chicken and the Alaska/Yukon border.

Gary

Arne Hvaring

Much of the Côte d'Azur; Villeneuve-Loubet, Cagnes-sur-Mer, St.-Laurent du Var, Nice and if you look carefully, Cap Ferrat. Of course Cannes is behind us.
G10, five shots stitched.

Last edited:

Don Libby

Don,

No, this is about 100 miles northeast of Anchorage and about 20 miles downstream of the Matanuska Glacier (source of the river in this photo). From here, it's about 300+ miles to Chicken and the Alaska/Yukon border.

Gary
No wonder it looked vaguely familiar...

We drove Route 1 North from Anchorage going back to Tok and out to Canada and home last year. We stopped overnight at a campground and later the following morning we stopped at a small restaurant that was near the glacier.

We actually have a (small) picture on our blog "Alaska - Day 46 Yukon Territory"

Alaska is truly one of the most beautiful places I've been to.

Don

bensonga

No wonder it looked vaguely familiar...

We drove Route 1 North from Anchorage going back to Tok and out to Canada and home last year. We stopped overnight at a campground and later the following morning we stopped at a small restaurant that was near the glacier.

We actually have a (small) picture on our blog "Alaska - Day 46 Yukon Territory"

Alaska is truly one of the most beautiful places I've been to.

Don
Ah yes....I forgot that you had taken a trip to Alaska and the Yukon.

Was the restaurant either the Long Rifle Lodge (with the dining room looking out over the Matanuska Glacier) or a few miles further down the road, the Sheep Mountain Lodge (log cabin style design)? We stop at either of these whenever we drive or ride out that way. Here's another photo from that area...mountains right behind the Sheep Mountain Lodge.

Gary
Alaska

mark1958

THe first is from Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs CO
Canon 1Dsmk III and Zeiss 24-85
Second from a highway driving just before sunset over towards Pikes Peak
Canon 1DsmkIII and I believe the canon 45mm TSE

The third and fourth were from Helen Hunt Falls
24mm TSE II

mark1958

OK i had to reupload.. i hope they are here now

THe first is from Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs CO
Canon 1Dsmk III and Zeiss 24-85
Second from a highway driving just before sunset over towards Pikes Peak
Canon 1DsmkIII and I believe the canon 45mm TSE

The third and fourth were from Helen Hunt Falls
24mm TSE II

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Crap... It looks like I may in fact now *NEED* one of those new 24 TSE's!!!

Great images Mark!

mark1958

Jack.. well it is hard to tell from the cropped images but i can say the new TSE is quite an improvement. While there is an improvement in CA, the corner sharpness is also improved. Canon really got their formula together on this one and I am hoping it translates into better wide angle lenses in general.

bensonga

Playing around with the lowly 50mm f2.5 macro and 40D. Dying wild rose. Hand held exposure. The effective focal length of 80mm works well. Shot at f4. I was pleased with the relatively smooth tones of the OOF areas.

Gary

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
BEAUTIFUL STUFF ladies and gentlemen, I thought I would post something as I haven't done so in awhile. Here is a new image I shot yesterday morning near my office. ....and you certainly are NOT helping me with my Canon cravings....