The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

bensonga

One of my first panoramic shots.....7 images with Canon 40D and 50mm f1.4 lens stitched/blended together in Photoshop CS3.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

bensonga

A second panorama from the same location....but at high tide. Taken with the 40D and 17-40 L series lens (at about 24mm). This is a cropped section from the middle of the original blend of 6 images.

Wish there was a way to put a higher resolution panoramic image here....but this seems to be the best I can do.

PS CS3 panorama align and blend really seems to work well.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

bensonga

Nice panos!!

Mazor
Thanks Mazor. I find I really enjoy creating these panoramic images. Now I've just gotta get out and collect some more source material. Panos are addictive! :D

I'm amazed at how few images are posted here on the Canon forum. Nothing against Nikons (I have 4), but my Canons (quite a few since my original Pro90IS, which I still have....all 2.6 megapixels of it) seem to take pretty good pictures too. :ROTFL:

Let's see some more Canon images!

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Here's one from "my home town"....Eagle River mountains (the valley and river below). Canon 40D, 50mm f1.4 lens (nice lens). August 2008.

bensonga

Just imagine where this thing has been.....across the North Slope of Alaska and who knows where else.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska
Canon 40D, 50mm f1.4

waynelake

A Beast of a truck...

This is 400D 200 1.8, @1.8 hahaha:rolleyes::D
Uncertain what I think of the picture, but like this type of picture... oh, and thats a tree on the point there, poplar??

waynelake

Chase me if you can...:bugeyes:
400D 200 1.8 2X
350th F3.5 ISO400
Oh yeh... I know I know, I'm supposed to use F5.6...:ROTFL:

A

asabet

Here are my boys having more and more fun. Canon 5D, 24-105/4L:

Arne Hvaring

Some fine images posted lately, I particularly like the "chase me if you can", great capture waynelake!

Here's one using alternative optics :)
1dsIII with Leica Apo-Summicron 2/180 stopped down about one stop.

Last edited:

Erik Five

Erik Five the Summicron shot looks absolutely pin sharp!! Nice optics in that lens I bet.

Mazor
Yes. Its razor sharp. Thats wide open with no sharpening. :) Its a great portrait lens and you get them for 400-500$ish. This is the last version.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Great images here guys --- keep em coming!

And Wayne, :thumbs: on that duck capture!

bensonga

Yes. Its razor sharp. Thats wide open with no sharpening. :) Its a great portrait lens and you get them for 400-500$ish. This is the last version.
Very nice! I'm not familiar with how a Leica R lens would be mounted on a Canon....some sort of adapter I assume....could you point me in the right direction for more info about this? Thanks!

GAry Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

woodyspedden

Very nice! I'm not familiar with how a Leica R lens would be mounted on a Canon....some sort of adapter I assume....could you point me in the right direction for more info about this? Thanks!

GAry Benson
Eagle River, Alaska
Gary

There are and have been adapters to mount R lenses on EOS mount bodies for some four or five years now. The best ones were made by a forum member, Dr Pham Minh Son. The adapters are very thin so precise machining is mandatory if you want to properly hit infinity focus. So while you can find adapters aplenty on the internet you must be careful to select one that meets the requirements for lens to sensor distance. I am a little out of touch so there must be others who can make recommendations. Dr Son himself, although no longer manufacturing adapters, could certainly shed some light on this.

Woody Spedden

Robert Campbell

It must be autumn/fall; the colours, cows in the field - and the first snow on the mountains:

and the cows have the best view from their byre.