The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

baudolino

1D Mark IV with Leica-R 19mm lens via adapter. The beautiful town of Rovinj on Croatian Adriatic coast, image taken from the belltower of the St. Euphemia's church in September last year

bensonga

My wife gave me a pin hole kit for Christmas. Here is the result (with a little help from a 24-70)
I love this photo Douglas! Could you tell us a little more about how you made this image with a pinhole camera and 24-70 lens? I've never used a pinhole camera before.

Thanks!

Gary

bensonga

I've been turning to the 5D alot lately for my PAW project. Here is my photo for week 5.

The Four Sentinels of Power

bensonga

One more from today. 5D and the 24-105L lens. Seems like a pretty decent camera/lens combination.

Arne Hvaring

A shot with the 65mm MP-E lens (on 5D II). As you may know this is a rather unusual lens designed exclusively for reproduction ratios from 1:1 to 5:1. The current image of ice crystals is close to 5:1.

Ralfsworld

Hi
This is my first post here and I'll start with Monument Vally
Photographed last summer with 5D Mark II and 16-35 F/2,8 II @ 16mm F/8.
This is two shots stitched in CS4.

RGoldman

Rex finally got his wish and we had a decent snowfall this morning. He would spend all day every day in the snow if he had his way. All of these were with the 1DMKIV and Sigma 50-500mm OS. Handheld at 3200 iso with the lens wide open. The high iso ability of this camera still amazes me. No noise reduction on any of these. Most were shot at +1 exposure compensation. Shutter speeds were fairly slow but the OS works great on this lens.

Ron

bensonga

Seems like I've got an unexpected series going for 2011......the utility poles of Anchorage.

Canon 5D and the 24-105L lens. I really like this camera and lens combo. It just plain works for me.

bensonga

My wife is in a Taiko drumming group. They performed a couple of songs at a local middle school recently, as the kick off for a multi-lingual program competition. I took a few photos and shot some video. Here's one of my favorites. The sound of 8-16 drummers is pretty amazing! This fellow is one of the most experienced and dynamic performers in the group. He has great drumming skills and stage presence!

Canon 5D and the 70-200 f4 L lens (shot at f4), ISO 800, no flash (I forgot to bring one). Color balance seems a bit off, although I did remember to change it from AWB to Fluorescent (for a change).

arild

All shot with the 24/1.4 II (I feel productive these days in post-prod - Lightroom and Silver Efex are mye friends), March 7.

DHart

Arild... this last series by the water is fantastic. And I agree, LR and SEfexPro are wonderful tools!

arild

Thanks, DHart!

The web-size compression killed off some of the grain/structure effects added in SEfP, and I see some areas on all these shots that are a couple of stops too hot. But.. I like them all a lot as they turned out, and they all look great in prints. Glad to see you enjoyed the series, as I really enjoyed working with it!

Using the 15 day trial version of (SEfP) v2.0, like I did with v1.0, and every print I make kind of pushes me towards paying for the software.. Only nine days left!!

Now, I want to see some more from you proper photographers, as you provide genuine inspiration, and I don't want my hack work to spam this entire thread.. :D

bensonga

Two Cats from Juneau, stranded in Anchorage for the winter.

Just looking thru some old photos....this one from the Canon 20D, capable of producing some decent images.

bensonga

Spring is in the air.....so it must be "breakup" season in Alaska.
On a heavily overcast day with temps in the 40s....the ice is breaking up on Ship Creek.
Taken today with my replacement 40D and the 50mm f2.5 macro lens.

Gary