The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Reynolds

Workshop Member
From our recent China trip...all with the 5DMIII...and most with the 75-300. Processed in LR3.

Great trip!!!

bensonga

Some very nice images posted here recently. It's been awhile since I've had one of my Canons out for a spin. Summer Solstice Festival in Anchorage this past weekend and the weather was perfect...sunny and 65-70, so I wandered around with my Canon 40D and 17-85 EF-S lens. I am still very happy with how well this camera performs.

Here's a close up (cropped section) of a totem pole in front of the federal courthouse.

Gary

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Figured I would jump restart the slow period here with something recent from my XSi and 50mm EF macro...and some older stuff with various Canon gear I have revisited and reprocessed..sorry I have been gone so long...

bensonga

Wonderful shots Don. Love those ocean images....I wish the water here in Anchorage was that beautiful.

The macro lens is one I've been turning to more often than not lately. That 50mm f2.5 macro is amazingly good. Here's an image I took just a few days ago with that lens (and my 1D Mark II).

Gary

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Gary - Thanks for the kind comments and your macro is beautiful also. The 50mm ef is a joy to carry and cheap. I use it often and acts as a great normal lens too. I just rebought a 5D again after selling it to upgrade and try Nikon again. The other 3 images in the previous note were taken during a quick Florida trip a few years ago, when I rented/borrowed a 1D mark III. Now that they are cheaper I may look into that, I found I got a higher keeper rate with it then other cameras and am not just talking about sharpness, wonderful tone and color too. But the 5D won't be resold this time and also, has incredible image quality. Best, Don

Last edited:

bensonga

Wonderful colors in those images Don! I really do like the EF 50 macro....as you said, it's a good lens and so inexpensive.

Today was one of those perfect "cloudy bright" days here in Anchorage, so on my lunch break I pulled out the 1D2 and took a few more shots with the 50mm macro. You've reminded me that I haven't had the 5D out for awhile.....it hasn't been getting much "love" lately.

Gary

All of these images where shot wide open at f2.5

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Kavaliano - cute Minnie and great textures and tones in your mono Uwe. Here a couple more Canon images past and recent both...

J

jamesbowl50

This camera are little digital and so thin. You just put in your pocket. I went to phenomenal places, but it was impossible to record them. Now with canon I can, and I download everything.

J

JulianDeLaRosa

This was shot with the Nikon 14-24 adapted to EOS and 1Ds MK III.