The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I was a photographer for the wheelchair racers in the NY Marathon today. Actually, I was supposed to photograph the cyclists who were supporting the wheelchair racers. Anyway, I had fun, and here are a few. 1DsII, 70-200/2.8

Best,

Matt

bensonga

Great shots Matt. Looks like they had perfect weather for the marathon. Really inspiring to see these athletes.

Gary

bensonga

Roof line of the Anchorage Performing Arts Center. This is what passes for great architecture in Anchorage, Alaska.

Canon 1D Mark II and the 50mm f2.5 macro lens (I had been shooting flowers in the Town Square a few minutes before this).

Gary

RGoldman

Water drop collisions. 1DMKIV with a Mamiya 120mm macro, 2 Canon 550EX flash units and gels. Cognisys stopshot controller for timing.

Ron

James Clark

Hi everyone. Canon shooter that is thinking about making the jump to MF. I'm learning a ton here so far, but still finding that more questions are being created than answered.. so far :)

Meanwhile, I'll start sharing some of my Canon shots. And maybe some Leica too, over in the Leica section ;)

arild

Welcome, Enzo and Henry! :)
(I´m a Canon shooter who is currently dreaming of a Leica M setup).

I got married in Paris this Friday, just got back, and from a week, these were my best work (none too great, I´m afraid, but that´s why I post here - feedback is fun!)..

Sorry for the abundance, haven´t checked in here for a while. Great trip to Paris, by the way. In some of these, you can spot my fascination for homeless people. They are a good breed in Paris; very friendly, and very keen models once you throw them a euro or two. My standard offer is €2.50, as it´s at least enough for something to eat.

arild

Pfft.. I still use my 20D, and my dad whips out his 10D from time to time.. :) Beautiful shot! Is that some kind of woodpecker? I´m not in any way, shape or form ornitologically oriented, but my forementioned dad really is.

bensonga

Beautiful shot Mark! Wonderful colors. Is that some sort of kingfisher? It is amazing how well the 20/30/40D cameras work (still use my 40D now and then). I see you used the 100-400mm lens....excellent results!

We've had a lot of snow here in Alaska this month and cold temps to keep it frozen. Wonderful winter wonderland like scenes, but this was the best I could do today.

From the 1D Mark II and 85mm f1.8 lens. This camera is wasted on the likes of me. I'm amazed at how good the images from this 8 megapixel camera look....I think it's about the same vintage as your 30D.

Gary

J

jcoffin

It certainly looks like a Kingfisher to me. He doesn't happen to shoot Canon, but Gustav Kiburg has many excellent shots of these gorgeous little birds.

bensonga

Another one from today. Just getting to know the basics in Nik Silver Efex Pro B&W conversions.

1D2 and 85 f1.8 lens

rwphoto

A 6 image stitch of the Thames river from yesterday . No snow or sunshine here . During November the water level is really low .

bensonga

I attended a 3 hour class on macro photography this morning, sponsored by Canon. There were 25 people stuffed into a room that should have held 15, but it was nonetheless a great opportunity for me to try out the Canon macro ring lights. Problem is....I really liked the MT-24EX twin light ring flash! I've always enjoyed macro photography, but I've never spent much time using electronic flashes. Now I know what I've been missing. :eek:

Here are a few of the pics I took today. All with my Canon 5D and 100mm f2.8 macro lens (not the L version).

Gary

with the MT-24EX

with the MT-24EX

with the MT-24EX

inside a light tent, lit by two flashes outside the tent

Last edited: