The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Not that mono conversion,... but one I shot a couple of days ago; love the richness I see from the 5D2. Although it looks like it might be a studio shot, it was shot outside in a resturant parking lot under diffused clouds. It looks nice in print also, which some things don't always do....

Last edited:

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Jim - great images from part of world I still have yet to see. Love the monk images the most, but they sure don't seem too happy to have their images taken. I guess this is true to many parts of the world. The only country that I found this not the case in a general way, is Ireland, where we were always met with smiles. Best, Don

JimCollum

Jim - great images from part of world I still have yet to see. Love the monk images the most, but they sure don't seem too happy to have their images taken. I guess this is true to many parts of the world. The only country that I found this not the case in a general way, is Ireland, where we were always met with smiles. Best, Don
Thanks Don,

With the two images with monks in them... both were taken before they knew they were being photographed. I have other pictures when they realized they were being photographed, and they were always all smiles.

mark1958

Wow a lot of incredible images from all. I have to admit though that THe Charlevoix image brings back a lot of memories. I grew up in MI and we used to go swimming there during our camping trips... was probably 40 years ago though..

Lake Michigan Beach, Charlevoix, MI 20D & 17-55/2.8

Arne Hvaring

Thank you Mike, #3 from Chablis is my favourite too from this group. Having just printed it in A2+ size with the new Epson 7900 (stunning machine, btw), my first thought was what a splendid B&W camera the 5D2 is. Of course the 35 mm Zeiss lens might have something to do with it as well :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Greg.
Now I want that lend too (oh hell what is one more)
thanks
-bob

D

Daveco

Thanks, Mike. That shot was with a 1DsII and a 200 f/2@f/2. If memory serves, you were one of the first at FM years ago, who acquired the f/1.8 lens.