The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

scho

Point n' Shoot

This was fortuitous. I had the 5D2 set up on a tripod to shoot this scene and the two ladies walked into my shot snapping away.

Arne Hvaring

Carl, nice images, the last one amusing (the decisive moment, I guess :D). Welcome to the Canon forum, btw! I remember well your excellent images with the G1, it seemed you had got got the sharpest kit-lens ever for that camera :)
Looking forward to what you'll make of the 5D2...

Some recent shots. first with the 5D2, last two with 1DsIII.

Last edited:

scho

Carl, nice images, the last one amusing (the decisive moment, I guess :D). Welcome to the Canon forum, btw! I remember well your excellent images with the G1, it seemed you had got got the sharpest kit-lens ever for that camera :)
Looking forward to what you'll make of the 5D2...

Some recent shots. first with the 5D2, last two with 1DsIII.
Thank you Arne. I'm really pleased with the image quality from 5D2 and the versatile shooting modes. Live view on a tripod is particularly nice to use.

The detail shots you posted are excellent.

Regards,
Carl

Jonas

Re: Laid back sailors

(...)
I'll probably get rid of the 20 and think about a wide alternative first - suggestions would be appreciated for landscape work.
Hi Carl,

I'm currently using my Zuiko OM24/2.8 for landscapes, thinking of getting an Zuiko OM18/3.5 one day.

One of the good things with the 5DMkII I have found when comparing it to my old 5D is that it meters better with alt lenses.

regards,

/Jonas

scho

Hi Carl,

I'm currently using my Zuiko OM24/2.8 for landscapes, thinking of getting an Zuiko OM18/3.5 one day.

One of the good things with the 5DMkII I have found when comparing it to my old 5D is that it meters better with alt lenses.

regards,

/Jonas
Hi jonas,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into the wide OMs. Are there any wide Zeiss lenses that work well with the 5D2?

Regards,
Carl

Jonas

(...)
Are there any wide Zeiss lenses that work well with the 5D2?
Of course, the famous Zeiss C/Y 21/2.8. It is recently slightly redesigned and sold in the new ZF/ZE/ZM... line. Expensive of course but probably one of the best super wide lenses ever for FF. If you buy a ZE version it will sport an automatic aperture.

It will have to wait some time though, I don't think the ZE version is shipped yet.

Then there might be other great Zeiss lenses as well but I'm not very familiar with the Zeiss stuff, especially not in the wide end.

regards,

/Jonas

EDIT: Maybe it is a good idea to start a separate thread for WA and SWA discussions.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

EDIT: Maybe it is a good idea to start a separate thread for WA and SWA discussions.
Great idea Jonas -- would make a good reference thread for folks. Please feel free to initiate it! :thumbs:

Jonas

Nah, I leave that for Carl - I'm too shy and I guess Carl knows what he wants to discuss.

Meanwhile, here is an Olympus Zuiko OM24/2.8 image:

I don't do a lot of landscapes at all, this is one rare landscape of mine posted at another forum in a C&C thread trying to learn things.

S

Shelby Lewis

Fun stuff everyone!

My youngest son... building up some major bacterial immunity (my mom always said that a little dirt goes a long, long way :D)

cheers!
Shelby

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Canon 5DII with 85mm at f/2.2
[more]

Canon 5DII with 24-70mm @ 40mm f/5.6 for 1/2 sec exposure with flash
[more]

Canon 5DII with 50mm @ f/7

Canon 5DII with 50mm @ f/1.2
[more]

Canon 5DII with 24-70mm @ 20mm f/8 with strong fill from reflector.
[more]

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Don,
That is lovely!
hmmm convert my 5DII or pick up another body.
How many Canons on a pirate ship?
Arrrrrr
-bob

Don Libby

Thanks you Bob. I liked this image so much I'm currently using it as my blog header.

I waffled for years before I finally took the leap and got a camera converted. The only regret I have is I didn't do it sooner. Who knows, I just might do a Phase back next...

Arne Hvaring

Good stuff posted here lately.
Don, that IR image is a stunner! (Now, can I get my M8 easily converted I wonder...)

Below some recent coastal landscape shots with the 5D2.

Last edited: