The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

arild

Hey all, first post on this forum.

Most of these are from a trip to Paris with my pregnant woman this fall, with a 1DmkII and a 24-70. Cold colours and some desaturation (not selective such!) sort of separate these from the rest. The long shutter seaside pictures are from an island just outside Tromsø, Norway, where I live. These are taken with the 1D/24 f/1.4, and a 20D with a 90mm Tamron Macro. The two portraits of an adult woman(auntie) and an old man (grand uncle) are from a family reunion in November, when I had to try my new 24mm out. Love it!

Helena

Great photos everyone!
Douglas, I really like that. So artistic!
Erik, wow, very classy set!
arild, nice series. Glad to see another Norwegian here (although, I'm Swedish, but currently living in Trondheim). :)

--

arild

Hi Helena! Not sure how I stumbled over this forum, but think I got sick of the exclusively Canon-centric ones. Great thread, hope I don´t ruin it with my hack work.

Anyway, have a short series coming up again. Shot around our neighborhood. C&C always welcome.

Napalm woods

Blue dusk

Down the drain

Short span lifetime

In between childhoods

Arne Hvaring

Some great shots posted here lately.
Erik, very elegant presentation!
Arild, welcome to the forum. As Helena said, nice to see another Norwegian posting here!
Speaking of which, here are two images from Sweden :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This seems to become a very Norwegian forum. Great photos, all three of you. The snowy street almost makes me homesick, Helena. Is it Røros?

Unfortunately, I don't own a Canon, so I can't contribute anything here.

pfigen

Arne - I love the starkness of your black and white. I just want to see the horizon level on this as it's not off enough to feel on purpose. Isn't is great to see how well that lens draws black and white tones.

Helena

This seems to become a very Norwegian forum. Great photos, all three of you. The snowy street almost makes me homesick, Helena. Is it Røros?

Unfortunately, I don't own a Canon, so I can't contribute anything here.
Thank you! I should have included information about where I took those photos. Btw. we drove through Röros on our way to Leksand. I went out to take a couple of photos and was shocked by the cold. Later we found out that it was -40C that day!

#1: Leksand in Sweden. My parents-in-law live there.

#2: Trondheim, Norway.

#3: An old church town called Bonnstan in my hometown Skellefteå, in northern Sweden.
The church town consists of old cottages and apartments where farmers, who lived too far out in the countryside to return home the same day, stayed when they visited the church in town.

#4-6: Trondheim.

Arne Hvaring

Arne - I love the starkness of your black and white. I just want to see the horizon level on this as it's not off enough to feel on purpose. Isn't is great to see how well that lens draws black and white tones.
Thank you, pfigen! Good point about the horizon. Here's a straightened version with a few added tweaks...

D

Devon Shaw

I did! That's the trail up to the north shore lookout. He does love the snow.

bensonga

Finally dug my 5D out of the closet on Friday and took a few images. Still miss my 40D (stolen). I've been thinking of replacing it with a 7D....or if I can swing the funds, a 1D Mk4.

In the meantime.....here are a couple shots from this week, both taken with the 24-105L lens. Seems like a pretty good lens to me, although I've read mixed reviews.

Gary