The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lots of lovely photos, Arild. Isn't one of them (no. 6 of the first series) taken at Bærums Verk?

PS. Do you have a lot of dust on your sensor or am I seeing things?

bensonga

Getting a feel for the 1D2 I received earlier this week. I'm looking forward to giving it a real workout this weekend and deciding whether to keep it. I love the Canon pro build body, just not sure about 8 megapixels. This image was taken with the 135mm f2 L lens which I received today. The lens is a keeper, for sure. :thumbup:

St. Nicholas Byzantine Catholic Church Dome

bensonga

One more from today. Different angle and time of day (sun at my back), so it doesn't have the same 3D look with the shading etc. This one with the 50mm f1.4 lens.

I really do like the feel, build quality and especially the shutter sound of this camera (crazy, I know). I never liked the sound or feel of the shutter on my 5D, even though it takes very good images....I wonder if the 5DII is any better in that respect.

bensonga

My wife is a member of a Japanese Taiko drumming group here in Anchorage. Last evening, they performed at a benefit for the survivors of the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I took a few photos and some video. Most of the still photos were not as sharp as I would have liked...my 70-200 f4 lens is the non-IS version. In hindsight, I should have used my Canon 40D with the 24-105 f4 L IS lens. Here are a few of the better shots.

The video (Canon HF10) came out very good, except I should have adjusted the audio levels downwards....there was quite a bit of distortion due to the intense volume of the drums and high pitched flute. Shooting video is alot more challenging than I had anticipated.

Canon 5D, 70-200 f4 non-IS L lens, 1250-1600 ISO, 1/50-1/60 sec at f4

bensonga

Surely there are still a few Canon shooters on GetDPI. I don't think everyone has switched to Nikons, a Pentax K5, m4/3rds or MFD.

Most of my friends here in Alaska shoot with Nikons and they really enjoy giving me grief for shooting with a Canon. I know some of you must be out there having fun with your Canon, so let's see some more pics here folks.

Gary

Last edited:

bensonga

Sunday was a gloomy, overcast day here, so I was playing around with shallow DOF and manual focus using my newly acquired 135mm f2 L lens and Canon 1D Mark II. This one was shot at f2.

That 135/2 is a sweet lens! :thumbs:

Amber on White

bensonga

I'll keep posting images here to keep the thread alive....but I know there must be much better images in your archives.

Gary

The mountains above Eagle River, Alaska....where I live. Canon 40D and 50mm lens

Last edited:

ReeRay

Surely there are still a few Canon shooters on GetDPI. I don't think everyone has switched to Nikons, a Pentax K5, m4/3rds or MFD.

Most of my friends here in Alaska shoot with Nikons and they really enjoy giving me grief for shooting with a Canon. I know some of you must be out there having fun with your Canon, so let's see some more pics here folks.

Gary
Canon shoots Nikon!

5D MK11 - 70-200 F4 L IS - beach Thailand

arild

Love the drummer shots!

Just a few shots from this weekend, in Tromsø, at the docks.

Snake on a boat! A small viper, turned out to be either dead or rubber, as those things don´t live this far north..

"God tid" - no rush..

Angles

I hope to become a more steady contributor to this thread now, as I´ve finally gotten a real landline. :)

arild

Lots of lovely photos, Arild. Isn't one of them (no. 6 of the first series) taken at Bærums Verk?

PS. Do you have a lot of dust on your sensor or am I seeing things?
You´re not seeing things, Jørgen. I didn´t actually own a cleaning kit until recently, when I started using apertures narrower than f/10. Had some sort of weird fear of that causing diffraction, but then I figured nobody will really care.. :)

1 and 6 are from Bærums Verk, the rest are from Fornebu/Oksnøen, and the portrait of my dad is shot on Haslum.

bensonga

Very nice images from Thailand, Norway and Arizona....one of the things I love about the community here at GetDPI!

Well, in keeping with our trip around the world....here's another one from Alaska.

Gary

Canon 1D Mark II and 17-40L lens. I liked the square crop for this image.....so will post a B&W version on "The Square Format" thread.

arild

Very nice images from Thailand, Norway and Arizona....one of the things I love about the community here at GetDPI!

Well, in keeping with our trip around the world....here's another one from Alaska.

Gary
Love the train shot! I´d love to go to Alaska myself one day to shoot landscapes, but I guess that can wait a couple of years. In the mean time, a buddy/coworker of mine has won a trip to AK to shoot moose/elk and big, bad bears in the fall. Well, well.

M

Michael Navarrette

Hello
Im new to these forums, i'm just starting to learn about the great world of photography. I thought i would share some of my recent pics, took these earlier this week. As im not yet comfortable with post-production, none of these images have been touched up.

Canon XTi/400D w/ 50mm f 4.0 @ 1/500s

50mm f2.8 @ 1/125s

85mm f3.5 @ 1/320s

85mm f2.8 @ 1/3200s

arild

This thread´s been dead for three weeks! The outrage! :)

Still with the 24/1.4L mII. I can´t take this thing off the camera. Must be some sort of feverish addiction.

24/5.6

24/5.0

24/2.0

Hope everyone has a good summer!