The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Douglas Benton

Fantastic barbershop photos, Douglas.
Thanks Jorgen. What makes it a little more rewarding for me is that I had to step a bit out of my comfort zone. I usually wouldn't ask a total stranger if I could take their picture. I know I've passed up opportunities to take some good photos, just because of my reluctance to intrude. I need to get over that.

Doug

shtarka1

I was in my home town for Thanksgiving. Walking through the mostly empty downtown I came across this barber shop. It was closed at the time but I decided when I came back for Christmas, I was getting a hair cut and hopefully some images. In my mind's eye I had pictured the proprietor, but when I showed up this morning this is the gentleman I met. This was his father's shop for 30 some years, and then he took it over 25 years ago. As it turns out, he and I had the same 9th grade photography instructor. It was after that class I knew in I wanted to be a photographer.
Killer Shot!

Douglas Benton

Apologies if I'm posting too much. Today is my last day off so you'll probably get a break from my stuff for a while, but before I go...

arild

^^
Steve, great portraits. Snoop looks like a patient spaniel, Camden like a smart kid. Did you go all out wide on the aperture? In the Camden shot, you nailed the DOF to his eyes, good work (difficult optical tool to get used to).

shtarka1

^^
Steve, great portraits. Snoop looks like a patient spaniel, Camden like a smart kid. Did you go all out wide on the aperture? In the Camden shot, you nailed the DOF to his eyes, good work (difficult optical tool to get used to).
Thank you Arild! Wide open on both with some slight sharpening in NIK SEP.
Love your work!