The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

alajuela

+1 Particularly #1
Thank you both very much - I have to work on the shadows a bit, when printed (Epson 4900, 360 dpi, Image Print, Epson Roll Luster) at 17 X 22 the shadows in the the crease of the mountains appear to be plugged (you really have to look close to see detail), need to open it up about 5% . Think these would hold up well at 24 inches on the short side.

Thank again for your you comments
Best
Phil

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd! Still having the Nikon D800E for landscape.
I like Canon's super telephoto better than Nikon's. Besides, larger MP, the 5D M III is clearly a better camera than the D800.
Pramote

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks, Gary, for the kind comments... finally starting to shoot again after a long time off.

More of my daughter. Pulled out a single strobe with this one. Backlight is the sun.

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Couple of shots from a headshot session for a good friend and fellow trumpeter... all 85/1.8 at varying apertures.

Single Paul Buff Einstein... no modifier.

Single light... umbrella box

Single reflector, broad shade

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

I'm on the road for a few weeks with my wife and 3 kids... cross country vacation by car. Left Baton Rouge and stopped in San Antonio, then Carlsbad, NM. Today we're in White Sands, NM... grabbed this quick pano, handheld, just before coming into Alamogordo, NM. Stitched/Edited completely on my laptop (very quickly) in PS CS6.

60D and cheapy 35/2.

Cheers!
Shelby