The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

scho

A few swamp walk shots taken today with the full spectrum modified (Kolari) Canon EOS R with 24-105 RF lens fitted with a Kolari UV/IR cut CC filter. Still waiting for the new Kolari IRChrome filter but won't ship until end of month. I ran the raws through DXO PL2 and exported jpegs to Joe Colson's Frameworks script in Photoshop.

The swamp (was still dry) is to my left facing west on lower Fall Creek.

Te skunk cabbage was just starting to poke up through the dead leaves.

Heavy texture in the bark of this tree covered with vines.

This girdled tree is still standing.

scho

A few shots taken with the Canon EOS R (FS) and 35/1.8 RF Macro IS lens with CC filter. Ithaca farmers market and Steamboat Landing on the Cayuga Inlet waterfront trail.

Oren Grad

Time for some balloons!

M50 / EF-M 22/2

Also, notwithstanding my comments posted here in January, after spending some quality time at a local dealer's manufacturer rep event this afternoon, I ended up bringing home an R along with the RF 35/1.8 and the control-ring EF-RF adapter. Just spent about an hour setting up the camera, including rearranging the button and dial assignments to mitigate some of the handling aspects that bothered me on my first encounter with the camera back then. We'll see how it goes.

scho

I need some explanation here from the bird experts. Walking along a small wetland stream with a few apple trees in blossom next to the stream. There was a small flock of cedar waxwings in the trees and they appeared to be picking at the blossoms. Never observed this behavior before and I don't know why they were doing it. There are two birds circled in red in the image below and if you click for the full size version you will also see a lot of blossoms and petals in the stream below the birds. Only had the Canon EOS R with 35/2.8 Macro lens with me so couldn't get clear larger shot of the birds in action.

scho

Couple of additional images taken with the Canon EOS R (FS) + 35/2.8 Macro with Kolari CC filter (UV/IR cut).

scho

I need some explanation here from the bird experts. Walking along a small wetland stream with a few apple trees in blossom next to the stream. There was a small flock of cedar waxwings in the trees and they appeared to be picking at the blossoms. Never observed this behavior before and I don't know why they were doing it. There are two birds circled in red in the image below and if you click for the full size version you will also see a lot of blossoms and petals in the stream below the birds. Only had the Canon EOS R with 35/2.8 Macro lens with me so couldn't get clear larger shot of the birds in action.

Found the answer online. Cedar Waxwings apparently love to eat blossoms and buds on apple and pear trees. I imagine that a large flock could do some serious damage in an orchard.

scho

A few shots from a walk along Fall Creek in the wildflower garden. EOS-R with 35mm RF f/1.8 Macro.

Red Trillium

White Trillium

Fall Creek

A camo loo in the woods

Last edited:

scho

Two with the Canon EOS R (Full Spectrum)

Infrared 590nm pass filter

Visible CC UV/IR cut filter

scho

False Hellebore is one of my favorite botanical subjects. Beautiful leaf texture and tonality. These are cultivated at the Cornell gardens, but wild plants in the nearby swamps are even more interesting. Two renditions of the same image in full color and B&W conversion via SEPRO2.