The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

scho

Another walk along the inlet, further upstream across from the Island Health center. Same setup as yesterday with Canon EOS R (FS) + Kolari IRChrome filter on RF 24-105 L

Looking north on the inlet towards the lake.

Directly across from the Health center. Note IR reflections in the windows that I assume are UV/IR block glass.

scho

A few shots taken at "Bakers Acres" nursery in Lansing, NY. Canon EOS R (FS) Kolari IRChrome filter on RF 35/1.8 Macro. I pulled the saturation down in the last one to emphasize texture rather than color.

Last edited:

pegelli

^^ All nice shots Carl, but to my taste they would probably look better when the greens would be green rather than red or orange. Probaly my exact "engineering" mind can't totally fathom the meaning of the changed colours.

scho

^^ All nice shots Carl, but to my taste they would probably look better when the greens would be green rather than red or orange. Probaly my exact "engineering" mind can't totally fathom the meaning of the changed colours.
It is a digital emulation of the old Kodak EIR film. Difficult to find the right type scene for this to work well. I may revisit in winter when we have snow on the ground and a clear blue sky with a couple of green spruce trees in the scene. Too much green stuff leads to overload.

scho

Old Barn, Lansing, NY. Canon EOS R (FS) RF 35/1.8 Kolari IRChrome filter

and a warm/neutral split tone conversion:

Last edited:

scho

One more from the Lansing series. Canon EOS R (FS) RF 35/1.8 Macro Kolari IRChrome filter. Warm/neutral split tone B&W conversion.

Oren Grad

EOS R / RF 35/1.8 IS

At the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston earlier today, this room:

https://gardnermuseum.org/experience/rooms/tapestry-room

Illumination in the room is kept very low for conservation reasons and to be faithful to the intentions of the museum's founder; most of the room is very murky. OOC jpg with enhanced-strength highlight tone priority, minimal post processing, hand-held exposure 1/20 at f/2.8, ISO 2500.

Oren Grad

Carl, thanks for sharing your ongoing IR experiments. The color ones bring back memories of tinkering with Ektachrome Infrared back in the 1970s when I was first getting started with 35mm photography - but of course with the digital capture and processing you have vastly greater flexibility to adjust the rendering for best effect.

KeithDM

From the archives - a 2011 shot with my G11. Dug it out of the drawer yesterday, charged the battery, fired it up and all is working as it should. Hmm, what next I ponder...

HomingIn.jpg

scho

A lone eagle commands views of the south end of Cayuga Lake and a meadow full of goldenrod. Canon 5DSR 24-105

Another eagle circling overhead.

A very old "bird" competing for air space with the eagles. WWII era B-17 bomber.

scho

Our fall crocus recently re-emerged in our garden. Two shots taken with the Canon EOS R (full spectrum converted) and 24-105 R using a Kolari hot mirror filter for full color and Kolari IRchrome for false color IR. Note that fall crocus blossoms and stems have no chlorophyll and they appear similar in both visible and IR spectrum.

scho

Old oxbow from Buttermilk Creek. Canon EOS R (FS) 24-105 with Kolari IRChrome filter. Monochrome split tone conversion in Lightroom.

and visible light version with Kolari hot mirror filter.

and one more with the Kolari IRChrome filter.

Last edited:

scho

I watched this blue heron fishing for about half an hour before he finally spotted and then speared a fish. Canon 5DSR 24-105L