The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 4 new lenses

LJL

Well, looks like they did update those babies also. The new 400mm f2.8L IS II takes a whopping 25-28% weight loss. That would make carry and use a lot easier, but the cost to upgrade is still pretty steep. Things on my older 400 are working fine, and the images are second to none, IMHO, so I may just stand pat....unless I hit the lottery or something ;-)

LJ

Actually, there are 5 new lenses.

The 300mm and 400mm f2.8 IS lenses are replaced with new versions. Also, the 500mm and 600mm f4 IS lenses are replaced with new versions.

There is also a new 70-300mm L.

Helena

And a new fish-eye zoom. :) I don't think I'm going to buy any of those lenses, but then I'm really happy with what I have already.

T

tokengirl

I hope that sometime in my lifetime they will update the 45 and 90 TS-E so that they function like the new 17 and 24.

Helena

Hopefully, there'll be more updates eventually.

After reading some more I'm now somewhat interested in the new 70-300mm L. If it's image quality is equal to the 70-200/4LIS I might get the new lens and sell 70-200 + 1.4x TC, which is what I use for traveling now. 70-300 is quite a bit shorter, so it fits better in my bags, and it'd be nice not having to use a teleconverter. We'll see.