The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gorham,NH at night from a cherrypicker

G

Gary Knapp

Hi Folks;

Here is the view at night of Gorham, NH with train passing through! Shot from the basket of one of those cherry pickers being used at a nearby construction site. The Super let me borrow it. I've always wanted one of these rigs. What an improvement in the view eh? Classic New England. Guy, you should enjoy this view, you've shot from these before I believe. Maybe not at night though........LOL! Please enjoy!

Gary

scott kirkpatrick

What are the light sources in this one? O W Link being long gone, I can't believe you lined the highway with flashbulbs and reflectors.

scott

G

Gary Knapp

Thanks Folks!

Thanks Guy, I agree, the elevation gives the image a lot more depth. Big improvement. What a dream, those crane rigs are made for this stuff! $2000/month I was told.

Scott, the lighting is from twelve flash units on tripods controlled by Pocket Wizard radio remote controllers. A "PW" transmitter sits atop the camera hotshoe with a "line of sight" range of 1600 ft. All flash units are synched to the shutter this way up to 1/250, providing the ability to stop trains in motion at night!

Gary