Site Sponsors

Thread: Gorham,NH at night from a cherrypicker

Gary Knapp

Gorham,NH at night from a cherrypicker

Hi Folks;

Here is the view at night of Gorham, NH with train passing through! Shot from the basket of one of those cherry pickers being used at a nearby construction site. The Super let me borrow it. I've always wanted one of these rigs. What an improvement in the view eh? Classic New England. Guy, you should enjoy this view, you've shot from these before I believe. Maybe not at night though........LOL! Please enjoy!

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gorham,NH at night from a cherrypicker

Great shot! I just passed through there yesterday.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Now I love this view. Yes being above it really gives the depth to the image. Great one Gary
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

What are the light sources in this one? O W Link being long gone, I can't believe you lined the highway with flashbulbs and reflectors.

scott

Gary Knapp

Thanks Folks!

Thanks Guy, I agree, the elevation gives the image a lot more depth. Big improvement. What a dream, those crane rigs are made for this stuff! $2000/month I was told.

Scott, the lighting is from twelve flash units on tripods controlled by Pocket Wizard radio remote controllers. A "PW" transmitter sits atop the camera hotshoe with a "line of sight" range of 1600 ft. All flash units are synched to the shutter this way up to 1/250, providing the ability to stop trains in motion at night!

Gary