The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The 1Dx has arrived!

M

Melilot29

I love this camera. It is my next target now. I love the specifications. Great work my Canon.

cerett

I currently have a pre-order placed with B&H. Any idea when Canon will start some serious shipping to dealers?

fotografz

The only 35mm DSLR I am interested in. Seems a perfect camera for 35mm applications based on the specs.

-Marc

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The only 35mm DSLR I am interested in. Seems a perfect camera for 35mm applications based on the specs.

-Marc
My thoughts also...here are a couple of pictures converted to BW/PT...

Roses

Standard Food

Fishing Lures

Bob

docmoore

Color on this camera is very neutral and well controlled....

Orchids on Glass

Orchids and Wood Decooys

Bob

docmoore

Thanks Woody,

I am almost a bit embarrassed to mention a filmic look....it has taken a bit of work to adjust to this camera coming from MF but I am really liking the results. Thankfully, as it was a bit of a gamble and another change in 35 lenses etc. Almost all of these are with the Zeiss ZF2s modified by Duclos and a Novoflex adapter.

Here are a couple from a gorgeous morning in the yard.

Water Drops

Cross Vine Near Fence

Rose Over Stone Pathway

Regards,

Bob

J

jamadophotography

Seriously thinking about purchasing this over the mark iii

pophoto

Seriously thinking about purchasing this over the mark iii
By mark III, are you talking about the 1Ds or 5D?

Either way it is very good, IQ is similar despite a little less MP. Metering, I find it a little better than the 5D mark III, but perhaps the only thing it loses out on is the silent mode, if that matters to you. The 1Dx also focuses a little better in lower light conditions.

Only thing I will add is, if you are not looking for the extra weather sealing and fps and vertical built in grip, then you can save yourself some money in the bank or for lenses!

Paratom

When I got the 5dIII I also handlede he 1dx.
WHile I loved the feel of the 1dx for me there are 2 advantages of the 5dIII for MY use.
1) price (obvious)
2) and even more important for me: it is less obstrusive. While the 5diii allready lokks like a serious camera the 1dx dras even more attention.
Since I use it for personal use I dont to look like a press-photographer all the time.
However I admit I am not sure if it is only my feeling or if the 1dx would draw more attention in reality.

I also like to bring the camera on hikes and spending time outside.so the weight/size makes a difference as well for me.

I admit though that the 1dx feels very good in the hands!
Having nearly as good AF in the 5dIII and the 5fms/sec were some of the factoes for me to get the 5diii over another Nikon.
If I was mainly sports shooter I would get a 1dx for sure.