Site Sponsors

Thread: Travelling light with Canon

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Travelling light with Canon

I got the 450D and the EF-S 17-55/2,8 mainly as a light snapshot combo, but the image quality has surprised me (in a positive sense!) and lately I've used it a bit for travelling where weight and bulk constraints have excluded my regular setups. Mostly I also bring the 70-200/4 IS for the longer reach.
    Camera and extra zoom lens go into a small Tamrac Velocity 5x bag and can actually be carried all day without serious injuries to my physique which is more than can be said of my regular D3/1DsIII and associated lenses!
    Here are some recent images from Denmark and Germany.
    Last edited by Arne Hvaring; 8th July 2009 at 13:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Travelling light with Canon

Last four. First is taken with the 70-200/4 zoom, all others with the 17-55/2,8.
    Last edited by Arne Hvaring; 8th July 2009 at 13:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lucky you, when i was in New Zealand back in Nov 2008 i was carrying around my 1DsIII and 1DIII [not both always, but for long journey yes both of them] and some lenses like 16-35, 24-105, 70-200, 100-400 and 100 macro, what i can say then.

Christopher Brown

I went to the Middle East with my G9 and a Hasselblad 501CM. Obviously the G9 beats on portability & convenience and the Hassie wins on quality. But the big surprise was the G9 quality - good enough that I sold my entire Leica system on my return!