Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I honestly wonder if Canon has lost their minds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: I honestly wonder if Canon has lost their minds?

Marc: I know I can say this without prejudice now: You are total gear whore! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Marc: I know I can say this without prejudice now: You are total gear whore! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Guilty as charged your honor.

How much is bail?

Hope it isn't more than 5 bucks 'cause I'm tapped out : -)

(P.S., Big gear sale coming up !)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Guilty as charged your honor.

How much is bail?

Hope it isn't more than 5 bucks 'cause I'm tapped out : -)

(P.S., Big gear sale coming up !)

Well, truth be told, if I fined you it'd be a serious case of the pot calling the kettle black...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Marc,

Man, you really are a gear whore!! Less than 24 hours ago you told me that you'd decided NOT to upgrade to the 1DSMark111 as the Hassy had more than satisfied than nitch!! You sure are the right guy to get opinions from !! Sheeesh, I haven't even pulled the trigger on a digital back yet and you've already supplied your own store ! You must get really nice Christmas cards (?) from several manufacturers !!

Having said all that, boy am I ever jealous ! But at least I know your weather sucks !

Look forward to hearing your impressions, and know you'll have a great time doing so.

Cheers ,

Jim

ps It's now time to go ahead and get the Alpa to use with that Aptus 75s !!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stone View Post
    Marc,

Man, you really are a gear whore!! Less than 24 hours ago you told me that you'd decided NOT to upgrade to the 1DSMark111 as the Hassy had more than satisfied than nitch!! You sure are the right guy to get opinions from !! Sheeesh, I haven't even pulled the trigger on a digital back yet and you've already supplied your own store ! You must get really nice Christmas cards (?) from several manufacturers !!

Having said all that, boy am I ever jealous ! But at least I know your weather sucks !

Look forward to hearing your impressions, and know you'll have a great time doing so.

Cheers ,

Jim

ps It's now time to go ahead and get the Alpa to use with that Aptus 75s !!
    Hey Jim, I could have just kept quiet about it (wink,wink) ...

When I got home from freezing Miami to balmy Michigan there was a message from my long time Canon dealer and his discount was so good I couldn't resist. Guess he didn't want me to jump ship. Fortunately, there was also a message from a fellow who wanted to buy my SWC kit, which helped.

Believe me, I do not confuse any 35mm DSLR with MF Digital. My main application of the Canon stuff is wedding work almost exclusively. Low light, f/1.2 & f/1.4 optics, high ISO, fast AF candid work. IQ is somewhat secondary to those criteria. And as any wedding shooter will tell you, you HAVE to have 2 of everything.

Much as I drool over the ALPA, sadly I just don't have the application for one. I don't do landscape or city scape work at all (I leave that to the passionate experts). If I did, I'd be all over the ALPA & digital back. But business comes first.

So, I may be selling the brand new Aptus 75s, and if so will list it here first at a very, very nice forum price ... including a new Mamiya AFD-II kit thrown in. Those with an RZ system will also get an adapter for that camera. ALPA makes a Mamiya adapter Jim ... ( wink, wink ). Stand by!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So, I may be selling the brand new Aptus 75s, and if so will list it here first at a very, very nice forum price ... including a new Mamiya AFD-II kit thrown in. Those with an RZ system will also get an adapter for that camera. ALPA makes a Mamiya adapter Jim ... ( wink, wink ). Stand by!
    Oh crap.... Better start evaluating my funds-available status!

Jack

workingcamera

When I got home from freezing Miami to balmy Michigan there was a message from my long time Canon dealer and his discount was so good I couldn't resist. Guess he didn't want me to jump ship.
    Nicely played Marc!

Take note folks very shrewd work indeed