The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss announces the Distagon T* 2.8/15

Paul2660

It will be very interesting to see how this lens compares to the Canon 14mm L.
Especially in the f2.8 to F5.6 range where I have found the 14mm Canon very lacking. FOV should be very similar.

Neat option for a Canon user would be purchase the Nikon Mount, and use a Nikon to Canon mount adapter. You could also use it on the Nex-7 with a different mount adapter. Where as if you purchased the Canon mount you would be limited to only using it on Canon due to the lack of manual aperture control that you have with the Nikon mount. I guess there are similar adapters like the Metabones (for Canon to Nex) but at a cost of 400.00 each, the Nikon mount would be much cheaper.

Looking forward to more detailed reviews/comparisons.

Paul

waynelake

Thats it, the Nikon mount will work with Canon or Sony... Theres a Zeiss 21mm lens here (where I am), EF mount, but makes much more sense in Nikon mount long term...

waynelake

Just noticed theres no aperture ring on this so will nikon lens still work on canon or sony..? I'm uncertain...

Paul2660

The Nikon version has the aperture ring, the Canon doesn't. The lens shown on this post is the Canon. You see a good series of pics of the Nikon mount on B&H photos website.