The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon mirrorless rumoured to have ap-c sensor

V

Vivek

It will be interesting to see what sort of crop factor (1.3X, 1.5X, 1.6X, 1.7X ) it would have. I am really interested in the real estate.

That rumor guy himself is not sure.

mazor

yes this is very interesting, Canon finally joining the EVIL race.

If done well, it may very well reduce sales of the Conurus smart adapter used to adapt Canon EF to Sony Nex, which is our only current option for adapting Canon EF to mirrorless.

ustein

Contributing Editor
I would guess it is 1.6x (some sort of 7D sensor). Yes, the option to adapt Canon lenses (e.g. the very good 70-200mm f/4 IS would be very interesting.

Michiel Schierbeek

It is an APS-C sensor! So that is nice. The kitlens looks good too! Straight and simpel.
But why did they put that red button on exactly the wrong (Sony) place?

Michiel

smartwombat

the Conurus smart adapter used to adapt Canon EF to Sony Nex, which is our only current option for adapting Canon EF to mirrorless.
The redrock adapter for mft has been available for a year, I think, but over $500 it's not cheap.