The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon EOS-M mirror-less camera

jonoslack

Hi Jono,

No doubt a little hyperbole on my part. I agree with what you say. I have no interest in the Canon M, nor would I personally consider it any more serious than any other mirrorless solution. Just pointing out that Ken's logic may not be completely off the wall, at least to his own Rockwellian way of thinking.

John
IMHO We should all indulge in a little hyperbole - life would be so boring without it . . . .

. . . . and I'm not really defending µ43 either.

On the other hand, you've used two mutually exclusive phrases: "Ken's logic" and "Rockwellian way of thinking". I suppose he may be capable of these things, but I don't see much sign of it on his website :p

right - it must be the weekend :) Have a great one - I'm off home.

all the best

Pingang

Canon's strength is that they have been done more right than wrong to be where they are today. Their biggest success is their EF mount - which prionnering the non-mechanical mount from its time of release and they just reached the 80 million lenses mark with roughtly 10 million lens sales per 8-9 months.
So anything to do to make use of such large lens base will bring good success.
I use SONY NEX-7 and love it, I got the Metabones adapter to make use of Canon lens, because not much else to select from.
I could use my large collection of Leica M on NEX but then in travel it means a lot of gears to travel so I am more looking at a companion system to carry along, that EOS-M fit into that carteria well but then I will wait for the more pro-oriented version because that is my choice. But I have no doubt the first EOS-M will do well - or may be just so so but we have to remember the large EOS base consumer, when Canon doing so so, those number to other camera brand can be wild.

BR,
Pingang