The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapter for Zeiss Conterex to Canon EOS

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have a lovely Zeiss 250mm 1:4,0 Sonnar from my old Contarex system. I hate to think about that lovely glass just sitting on the shelf.

Has anyone ever had made and adapter for this lens to the Canon EF mount? Since unlike other Contarex lenses the stop is controlled by a manual preset, it could be use rather easily.

Know any one who might be able to make one?

Here's what the beast looks like. It's all machined brass.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

robmac

I haven't seen one (yet) direct, but you may be able to accomplish the goal via a T-mount set-up?

johnastovall

The Contarex mount is a strange beast and I don't see much of a way of fitting a T-Mount to it.

I think I'm going to have to find some one to remove the current mount and just put on properly made EF mount on the lens barrel. which should be fairly straight forward. The Contarex had a 46mm F-F.

J

Johann Wolfgang

Hello John,

I would ask the guys from happypagehk in HongKong. They offer adaptors for different mounts, maybe also for your contarex-lens. I bought my Leica-R to EOS-EF adaptor with AF-confirm. It works very good.

Regards
Johann

johnastovall

No Joy, I had checked their list. The Contarex was a strange beast to say the least. I do like happypagehk's adapters for my Ziess and Zuiko 21mm's.

Way back in the '60's the Contarex had apperture controlled from the body with a few exceptions via a very complex mechanical linkage. So you can't manually set the apperture. The 250 Sonnar and 18mm Distagon were the few exceptions.

This going to have to be custom project.