The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

5DII PRICE INCREASE

mazor

thats because maybe the 50D has not panned out to what peoples expectations over the older 40D in terms of IQ and noise.

The 5Dmkii seems to have matching noise levels to the older 5D, although with some side effects (water color), but the 5Dmkii adds a whole new dimension now with the addition of 1080P Video recording capability. That combined with a much higher megapixel count seems to be the key for Canon wanting to capitalize on this.

Mazor

justiny

YEN is way too strong compared to USD. USD is nothing now.
Japanese companies are losing money. The more they sell, the more they lose.

And it's not going to change any time soon. So I expect the price go up or they will reduce the production, just like Honda and Toyota.

Keep buying pro gears while you can. :)

David Schneider

But Canon still has deal on if you buy their printer, on sale for $650, and a 5dmkII at the same time you get a $500 rebate.

And the intro price of 5dmk2 was less than price of 5d and the 5dmk2 is much better at higher iso, plus the video feature. They added value and dropped price.

monza

TOKYO — Japan moved Wednesday to prop up the U.S. dollar and weaken the yen in a bid to protect its export-led economy, intervening in international currency markets for the first time since 2004.

Terry

This thread was started in 2008. Why are you responding now??
I'm keeping my eye on this. The poster that revived this thread was brand new (first post). Generally we see this with spammers. No forum rules were broken so I haven't deleted the posts.