Site Sponsors

Thread: canon 1ds mk1 with a hasselblad lens

awwsheeet

canon 1ds mk1 with a hasselblad lens

is there a easy way to do this with a split focusing screen and a hasselblad V mount to EF mount with focus confirmation?

what screen and adapter would i need to buy. I really want to move to digital but would rather not sell my hassey lenes to do so.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: canon 1ds mk1 with a hasselblad lens

Quote Originally Posted by awwsheeet View Post
    is there a easy way to do this with a split focusing screen and a hasselblad V mount to EF mount with focus confirmation?

what screen and adapter would i need to buy. I really want to move to digital but would rather not sell my hassey lenes to do so.
    I have the Fotodiox Pro Hasselblad V => Canon and Nikon adapters. They are nicely made and work very well. Focus confirmation on both the Canon and Nikon seems to be pretty accurate.

This is the model of adapter I use:

http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/fot...50d-1000d.html

I have the original focusing screens in my DSLRs (Canon 5D, 1D2 and Nikon D2x, D700 and D800e). For my Canon 1D MkII, I would like to try the microprism focusing screen when using manual focus lenses.....it's called the Ec-A screen.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/app/p...QuickGuide.pdf

Good luck!

Gary
    Last edited by bensonga; 29th December 2012 at 22:17.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary you mention focus confirmation but the link you posted doesn't appear to reference an adapter with that feature. That page only states that infinity focus is guaranteed.

I did however find this.

Or are the two one in the same ?

awwsheeet

my big issue is confirming that electrical focus confirmation works on the adapter with a camera as old as a 1ds mk1 first generation.

having a split screen is redundant i guess.

thanks for all your help

Post Thanks / Like

Though I have no knowledge or experience with the adapter, nothing has changed with the EOS mount since the original 1Ds. I have one and every current Canon lens works on it. So focus confirmation should be fine.

Now I just want to know if it's only infinity focus the adapter confirms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Candlish View Post
    Gary you mention focus confirmation but the link you posted doesn't appear to reference an adapter with that feature. That page only states that infinity focus is guaranteed.

I did however find this.

Or are the two one in the same ?
    Oh they are definitely not one and the same. I'll have to confirm when I get home which adapter it is that I bought. I've purchased so many adapters for my Nikon, Leica-R, Hasselblad and Pentax 67 and 645 lenses to Pentax 645, Canon, Nikon and m4/3rds cameras that I'm having difficulty keeping them all straight. I'm almost certain that I was getting the focus confirmation visible signal and beep on the Canon DSLR with the Hasselblad adapter that I own, but I'd better check to be sure which adapter that is.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

OK, well if you can sort it out, any information would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New to Canon .

I want an adapter with focus confirmation for Hasselblad V and another for Leica R lenses. On Fotodiox website they say that the dandelion adapters , per those I need as above, will NOT work on the 5D3, but work on the 5D2. Wonder why this is so?

awwsheeet

this one is 85 bucks

Hasselblad - Canon EOS AF Lens adapter | AF Lens Adapters | peleng8.com - Peleng 8mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye Lens for Canon, Nikon, Olympus

there is a few on ebay in the 50 dollar range. is it all the same?

CHINESE ADAPTERS ALL LOOK THE SAME?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have a focus confirmation adapter for pentax lenses. I really would not count on them, not even close to reliable for wide open focus accuracy.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz