The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

canon 1ds mk1 with a hasselblad lens

A

awwsheeet

is there a easy way to do this with a split focusing screen and a hasselblad V mount to EF mount with focus confirmation?

what screen and adapter would i need to buy. I really want to move to digital but would rather not sell my hassey lenes to do so.

bensonga

is there a easy way to do this with a split focusing screen and a hasselblad V mount to EF mount with focus confirmation?

what screen and adapter would i need to buy. I really want to move to digital but would rather not sell my hassey lenes to do so.
I have the Fotodiox Pro Hasselblad V => Canon and Nikon adapters. They are nicely made and work very well. Focus confirmation on both the Canon and Nikon seems to be pretty accurate.

This is the model of adapter I use:

http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/fo...-t2i-300d-350d-400d-450d-500d-550d-1000d.html

I have the original focusing screens in my DSLRs (Canon 5D, 1D2 and Nikon D2x, D700 and D800e). For my Canon 1D MkII, I would like to try the microprism focusing screen when using manual focus lenses.....it's called the Ec-A screen.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/app/pdfs/quickguides/CDLC_FocusingScreens_QuickGuide.pdf

Good luck!

Gary

Last edited:

Kirk Candlish

Gary you mention focus confirmation but the link you posted doesn't appear to reference an adapter with that feature. That page only states that infinity focus is guaranteed.

I did however find this.

Or are the two one in the same ?

A

awwsheeet

my big issue is confirming that electrical focus confirmation works on the adapter with a camera as old as a 1ds mk1 first generation.

having a split screen is redundant i guess.

thanks for all your help

Kirk Candlish

Though I have no knowledge or experience with the adapter, nothing has changed with the EOS mount since the original 1Ds. I have one and every current Canon lens works on it. So focus confirmation should be fine.

Now I just want to know if it's only infinity focus the adapter confirms.

bensonga

Gary you mention focus confirmation but the link you posted doesn't appear to reference an adapter with that feature. That page only states that infinity focus is guaranteed.

I did however find this.

Or are the two one in the same ?
Oh they are definitely not one and the same. I'll have to confirm when I get home which adapter it is that I bought. I've purchased so many adapters for my Nikon, Leica-R, Hasselblad and Pentax 67 and 645 lenses to Pentax 645, Canon, Nikon and m4/3rds cameras that I'm having difficulty keeping them all straight. I'm almost certain that I was getting the focus confirmation visible signal and beep on the Canon DSLR with the Hasselblad adapter that I own, but I'd better check to be sure which adapter that is.

Gary

algrove

New to Canon .

I want an adapter with focus confirmation for Hasselblad V and another for Leica R lenses. On Fotodiox website they say that the dandelion adapters , per those I need as above, will NOT work on the 5D3, but work on the 5D2. Wonder why this is so?

Ben Rubinstein

I have a focus confirmation adapter for pentax lenses. I really would not count on them, not even close to reliable for wide open focus accuracy.