The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My 1Ds mmiii gets mistaken for a weapon

Nathan W. Lediard

Uaiomex

That ¡s why I condemn all photo paraphernalia imitating firearms. I also criticized a video that was glorified by fStoppers (if I recall well) in a story about a guerrilla war made using only photographic equipment. Of course, it's make believe but associating any camera equipment to assault weapons is at best a really bad idea. My critic was way before the Newtown tragedy.
Eduardo

Nathan W. Lediard

You know, neither is a camera...... so you are being picky.. lay people really dont know the difference between a machine gun and an automatic rifle or a sub machine gun.... really thats not the issue here... if someone cannot see the difference between a camera and a firearm, you dont really expect then to be able to use the correct nomenclature for the different types of firearms out there do you?
Yes, the person said "machine gun" when he /she/it rang the police, but really alot of people call anything that looks military and obviously not a hunting rifle a machine gun...

For the pic I tried to find a weapon that came as close to my rig in profile as possible... and even then really unless you use the glass from the bottom of coke bottles for glasses you can easily see the difference... :D If I had posted a pic of a machine gun the the difference is even more striking...

monza

just trying to inject a bit of additional humor into your thread. :) I do think it's quite funny that your camera was mistaken for a weapon, although those Canons are quite large and heavy, aren't they? And what about the name itself?? In any case, if you put the text "M16" instead of "AR-15" it would have taken a real weapons expert to determine if it actually weren't an automatic, and even then it might not have been possible from that photo.

I also like the mug shot. Is that log between your head and shoulders your neck? have you ever considered martial arts? You look like the kinda guy I wouldn't mess with; gun or not. :toocool:

Nathan W. Lediard

Haha,,, Kolor-Pikker... you know when I was younger I worked as a bouncer for a while... :D I do hear that alot, but I can assure you that I am not the aggressive type unless protecting myself or family :D big softy really (but ssshhh dont tell everyone... ;) )

O

organicfood

just trying to inject a bit of additional humor into your thread. :) I do think it's quite funny that your camera was mistaken for a weapon, although those Canons are quite large and heavy, aren't they? And what about the name itself?? In any case, if you put the text "M16" instead of "AR-15" it would have taken a real weapons expert to determine if it actually weren't an automatic, and even then it might not have been possible from that photo.
iam agree with him.:clap: