The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few photos from Canon 5D Mark II

mark1958

Even when i tried a number of various parameters as you mention below - e.g. adjusting various Lum vs Individual Color channel noise reduction combinations, I could not get the Noise Ninja to get to the same optimal result I was able to get with DFINE. I mean I tried a lot of comparisons but it was not exhaustive. In the end, the DFINE would be my choice. So the issue is that I have compared one image made from a single camera using the two independent NR programs. I am going to process some of my high iso Panasonic LX-3 images and see the end result.

another thing about noise ninja that I am afraid to admit is that I "just" discovered that you can control the noise reduction per channel, and imo this really sets it apart, (not sure if dfine has that) which makes it really easy to dial back until you are just filtering the noise and not the detail.