The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cannot access CF card from computer

Rawfa

Hi guys,

I´m trying to install Magic Lantern on my MarkII and it needs to be done from the Compact Flash memory card via memory card reader. I´ve bought a memory card reader today and when I tried to read from the 32gb CF memory card it said it needed to be formated but it shows only like 20GB. I went to windows´ disk management where I could see the CF card was unallocated. When I´ve tried allocating it without formating it the system told me "Data error (cyclic redundancy error)". Also, when I try to format it it won´t allow me the option to use FAT.
I´ve put the card back in the MarkII and it reads it perfectly (and finds 29GB memory space).

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Rawfa

I formated the CF card on the MarkII 3 times and it works. I think it might be the card reader that is not working properly.
Is there anyway to use the MarkII as a mass storage?

Rawfa

It turns out the memory card reader was defective. I´ve exchanged it for a new one an all is well :)