Site Sponsors

Thread: 6D prices PLUMMETING

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

6D prices PLUMMETING

At a member's suggestion I bought a new 6D package from B&H yesterday (with a bag, monopod, extra battery and 16GB class 10 SD card) for $1499 (free shipping and no tax for being out of NY state).

But already new bodies posted on Ebay are at ROCK bottom lows with bids for NEW bodies as low as $1000. (Slightly used bodies even lower!)

At $1499 I may have paid too much (HA! the camera still basically lists for $1899 with a Canon rebate) but if you or anyone you know is interested in picking up a nice FF back up body to a 5D there's never been a better time!

(I also bought a new Sigma 35mm f1.4 DG lens for $769 from DigitalRev who apparently has a fulfillment center in California.)
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: 6D prices PLUMMETING

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    At $1499 I may have paid too much (HA! the camera still basically lists for $1899 with a Canon rebate) but if you or anyone you know is interested in picking up a nice FF back up body to a 5D there's never been a better time!
    To paraphrase a drummer, "there is plenty of room at the bottom"!

Not yet!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the prices are "plummeting", just that they went down and are now stable. Once the holidays pass, they may even go up again, but as with all electronics, as a model gets older, it goes down in price.

$1500 for the body or $2100 for the kit is an excellent price, and I'm sure Canon will continue to make money at that price.
    "A fella, A quick fella, might have a weapon under there. I'd have to pin his head to the panel." The Gyro Captain

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Asia, I actually ended up paying $1401! (As nice as they were I didn't need a Canon bag, the monopod or the 16gb card. But I did like the extra battery. )
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the monopod and Canon bag are just sitting in the closet, but the extra battery and SD card were appreciated.

$1401 is outstanding. I'm also delighted with the $2084 I paid with the 24-105 /4 IS. That is at least a $683 lens and is on my 6D for about 85% of what I do with it.
    "A fella, A quick fella, might have a weapon under there. I'd have to pin his head to the panel." The Gyro Captain