The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vertical banding with Canon 1DX

bensonga

I've had an opportunity to use a 1DX this week. Today I shot quite a few images of the ceremonial start of the Iditarod sled dog race with the 1DX and a 70-200/2.8L II lens (both on loan from Canon USA). Many of the images have a distinct vertical banding in both the Raw and JPG files. Has anyone else here encountered this problem? Needless to say, these images are pretty much unusable. This example is a 100% crop from a much bigger image.

Gary

GregMO

Sorry to hear about your problem. I had a somewhat similar issue with my 7D. It was only noticeable in large continuous tone areas such as skies. I had to send the camera in to Canon. The issue was improved but not completely fixed. It was about 3 years ago. I'll try and look thru my records to see if I can find more info on it.