The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

trigger ST-E3-RT from NON canon camera?

faneuil

Anyone know if this is possible.
I'd like to use the remote trigger to fire in manual mode from my non canon cameras.
Hotshoe and side port cable won't work unless canon gear..

eric

rscheffler

I haven't gotten this to work. I wanted to have a small trigger on my Leica M240 to control multiple 600EXRT flashes with manual output.

The closest I've gotten is to use a 600EXRT on the camera set as master and using the optical trigger system instead of the radio system. Unfortunately it means one flash has to be on the camera. Alternatively, it might be possible to trigger the master flash using a radio slave on the camera with a receiver on the flash. The master will then trigger the other flashes. But I have not tried this and don't know how bad the latency will be. In this respect, when I used the 600 as master on the Leica, I could not use 1/180 maximum flash sync speed, but 1/125 was OK.

Hope this helps somewhat...