The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EXIF data in the camera.

Homey

Hey all

Forgive the newbie question here but I have never done this before.

I have been seeing photographers names appearing in the exif info and was thinking. Why am I not doing this?

So I searched the manual and could not find how to do this.

So I am asking you how do I do this?
What software do I need?
On my Mac I have P.S. CS3., Lightroom, Aperture and the Canon utilities of File Viewer, Image Browser, Remote capture and Photo Stitch.

I would like to do this to all my camera bodies.
1Ds MII, 5D, 20D and D 60.

Thanks

Robert Campbell

You can do this quite easily in LR;

You can edit the EXIF and add your name and copyright info;
If you haven't done it, you can do it to one picture, then select all, and synchronise the copyright bit;
alternatively, set up a preset to add these, then when importing or synchronising simply use this preset [rather than none] to name all.

Homey

Ah Ok. I will give that a try.
But I was under the impression I could plug my camera into the PC and tell it who the camera belonged to. Then all files would have that info strait out of the camera.

It would also help if any of your cameras were stolen.

It this not possible?