The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon: We See Impossible

rayyan

All I have is the ' come and see ' page.
So, I went and saw.
I clicked on a menu choice..' where to buy '.

' The page you have selected is unavailable '..WTF.

It is 1251 hrs, here. And I am going back to sleep..:sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
All I have is the ' come and see ' page.
So, I went and saw.
I clicked on a menu choice..' where to buy '.

' The page you have selected is unavailable '..WTF.

It is 1251 hrs, here. And I am going back to sleep..:sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:
Back to sleep is definitely the best you can do! :)

Will not be so surprising what we see from Canon I guess ....

Peter

dwood

just an FYI, that the counter is still ticking away here in the US - looks like all will be revealed at 9am Eastern Standard Time.

kdphotography

Um...

Canon Launches 'See Impossible' Ad Campaign With New Strategy and Digital Platform | Adweek

"But where's the beef?" :angry:

:loco:

Sounds like more of a Canon pep talk/rally than substance. It reminds me of Nikon about ten years ago and their ad marketing campaign message that no one needed a FF DSLR and cropped DX sensors were great. :facesmack: Nikon sure changed that tune and started delivering better cameras, and imho, surpassed Canon.

So where's the beef? For those that don't remember the famous Wendy's ad campaign: Where's the Beef - YouTube

I'm not so sure I'm willing to wait much longer for Canon. Sure they may be producing some cameras and lenses here and there, but nothing earth-shattering, and nothing that is suiting my professional needs or suits my fancy to update my aging 1DsMark III camera body.

And so I sit. :(

Ken

Last edited:

rayyan

Can we get back to business...

Let's have some user experiences with the D750. That is what interests me right
now.

Back to sleep..check in later.

iiiNelson

Hardly seems worth the time spending the money to market this. A press release with links to the website would've had the same effect without the potential for backlash from people who aren't fanboys/fangirls.

Last edited:

iiiNelson

I guess the telling thing is the disappointed reaction from many at FM Forums. Naturally the Canon diehards are circling their wagons that they don't need sensor improvements in the areas of color, fidelity, DR, etc. (which will of course change in tune once Canon releases a sensor with all those improvements) due to choosing AF over all. There are many who seem to have just had enough of Canon.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Canon is a possibility

well, on the other hand

were I not shooting a Nikon dSLR with an optical through-the-lens viewfinder, I'd be shooting a Canon dSLR with an optical through-the-lens viewfinder

timn420

It would be nice for some real news to make me excited about upgrading from a 5d2. I think canon may be looking at releasing a camera with advanced video functions more then anything. I really don't want to go to nikon, but I'm really wanting to upgrade my system in the next few months, which is not impossible :)

Oamkumar

It's about canon eye are and canon medical imaging system and digital learning etc etc... Nothing special for us I guess.

roomycoffee

I've always loved Canon cameras but I cannot bring it everyday, too heavy! I'm happy with my Samsung Note 3 capturing life's special moments. :)