The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

B&H announces prices for Canon EOS 5DS R DSLR Camera

malmac

In fairness to Canon we are comparing it to a camera 10x the cost... That's sort of like comparing a mid grade P&S to a D810/Sony FE/5D3.
I know that is true - however the CCD Vs CMOS comparison was something that surprised me. I want to like the 5Dsr - if it delivered good results I would buy one.
I have a lovely line up of top notch Canon lenses and would like some resolution to go with them.

It was interesting that dpreview.com provided some RAW files for the 5Dsr for download.
However none of them were taken at f8, most were taken wide open or close to it - and my experience tells me that some of the Canon lenses are not performing brilliantly wide open but prefer to be stopped down a bit.

But when you compare the 5Dsr with the D810 - I did not think it compared well for noise and high (up to 1600) iso. Admittedly it was a Beta version, so maybe they pulled some rabbits out of a hat - and the final release is much improved.

Time will tell - I for one want success.

Mal