The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

home made filter holder for the new 11-24mm super wide

malmac

Here is a photo of my home made filter holder.

Basic part was just a rubber plumbing fitting - cost was about $15.

I then just cut it down a bit because it was too long.
A thin sheet of aluminium was then screwed to the rubber fitting after a suitable hole was cut using a jig saw.

I cut some plastic to create a suitable groove for the filters to slide into. This was lined with some felt my wife had - hence the white rather than a black felt.

The plastic filter holders were then screwed onto the aluminium sheet. Job complete.

I bought some glue to attach the felt to the plastic, a few screws and the plumbing fitting. Total cost $30.

The filters being used are Hitech 165mmx200mm jobs - and they cost ten times the cost of the filter holder.

Hope this inspires you to save some bucks by making bits you can make because I sure as hell can't manufacture my own gradient filters.

Mal
Australia

Last edited: