The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two Canon tilt-shift images

pfigen

Two recent images shot just for the fun of it. The Petersen with the 17 t/s and the DeWalt with the 24 t/s. Petersen is made up of about twenty-five images, mostly the car blurs. Five millimeter rise on the lens. The DeWalt is 59 slices of focus and about thirty hours of post. 5DSr.DeWalt_246A8076_v5.jpg

Attachments

gmfotografie

as the tse don't have autfocus ( using stacking programms like helicon) how do you take those slices efficiently ?

great pictures

pfigen

as the tse don't have autfocus ( using stacking programms like helicon) how do you take those slices efficiently ?

In this case, and in most cases, I start with a Live View focus at the nearest point of focus and then manually rotate the focus a micro amount. As you move from the front to the back, you can start to use larger slices as the depth of field gets a bit more. I've never used the auto focus feature in Helicon, as it's just not that big of a deal to do it manually.

Peter

Sharokin

Shot from the same location last week until I was attacked by a homeless woman. :shocked:
Anyways, here are some of mine all shot with a 5Ds, 70-200L II, and 17 TS-E

Attachments

pfigen

"Love the Dewalt image but 30 hours in post!!

Is that because you painted the layers in manually?"

No, the focus slices weren't done manually, although I have done that many times. It's because there's an enormous amount of fine detail work just cleaning up the product, removing casting lines, smoothing out misalignments in the casing, etc. Then, the entire background and reflective surface is remanufactured (save for the reflections themselves) in Photoshop. That part alone is enough to make a lot of folks sweat profusely.