The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What are the best 3 or 4 lenses for a Canon DSLR camera?

Abstraction

• 17TSE
  • 135 f2
  • 100 f2.8 macro (either the USM or the L version)
  • 24 f2.8 - an overlooked lens. It's an exceptional performer that doesn't have the sex appeal of the f1.4
  • 35 f2 IS - another often overlooked lens that's really good but that gets overshadowed by more expensive offerings.

pfigen

I really depends on what you want to shoot. From a pure optical perspective you'd be pretty hard pressed to find better lenses than the three new shifters from Canon, but if you're shooting sports, probably not the right choice. The 35mm1.4II has set new standards for a fast moderate wide angle. All of the super teles are superb. The new 85mm1.4IS is an amazing lens as well.

msstudio

My fav Canon lenses were the 35-50-85 L series, very consistent in color, contrast and rendering. I was always positively surprised by the 2.8 70-200L II and the 24TS II is another standout.