The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More with the Canon 135 t/s-e

pfigen

A couple quick shots, well maybe not so quick, documenting this Telecaster copy I've had for the last quarter century. I sanded the name off the headstock because it was in Comic Sans or some other closely related insipid type face and rounded off the excessively sharp corners of said headstock before putting these fabulous Gotoh 510 Mini locking tuners. Might be the sexiest locking tuners ever. Both shots with the 135. The tuner shot with a 12mm extension and about 30 slices to just have the middle tuner fully focused. This is turning out to be one of my favorite studio lenses.DeeringTele_v4.jpgGotoh510_246A4362_v3.jpg

malmac

Very nice shots.

I did not know about the 135 TS lens. I guess why not but I guess I kept thinking wide TS lens.

But you have certainly proved a point with your shots - there is certainly a place for this lns.

Excellent work and can I assume you play this guitar?

Mal

pfigen

Thanks Mal. Yes, I do play that. Actually got it in trade shooting for the Deering Banjo Co. about 25 years ago. But right now I'm playing much more acoustic - either one of two old Martins or a recently acquired James Goodall.

pfigen

Is McCabe's still around? I once saw Richard Thompson there years ago.

Joel
Yes. McCabe's is still there, alive and well. I saw Richard there as well. Photographed Doc Watson upstairs back in '86. Shot Richard for a magazine cover a few blocks away and also on the pier.

JoelM

That's very cool. Would love to see the cover shot if possible. He's one of the most underrated guitarist in my opinion. When people ask me about him, I usually say that he's the British Bob Dylan except he has a really good voice and is a great guitarist. ;)

Joel